What's new

Is the forum super slow today or is it just me?

Pier

Pages take like 20-30 seconds to load. It's excruciating.

Not sure if it's my ISP or what. Other sites seem to work fine.

doctoremmet

Nope. But maybe you’ve entered another space/time continuum. I remember a Twilight Zone episode where this exact same thing happened

RogiervG

loads fine here.. (as normal) 1.8 sec with all banners loaded, without cache enabled. (some of them don't load instantly).

Aka a relaxed eyeblink and it's loaded.

OP
Pier

Pier

Huh... seems to be working fine now!

:elephant:

OP
Pier

Pier

Oh no! I'm back into the black hole of slow VIC!

What am I going to do with my life!

Edit:

It works and then stops working. Most likely related to internet weather or something. Oh well. Hopefully it will get fixed by some tech elves.

Mike Greene

I am far from being an internet expert, so take this with a grain of salt, but I think that the pathways from user to website can be very complicated, with lots of switching stations (or whatever the term is) along the way. So there are lots of opportunities for bottlenecks or errors.

There's also weird stuff where addresses at certain places get jumbled. This is why sometimes a site will be completely dead for people in one neighborhood with one internet provider, while the site works perfectly for everyone else in the world, and it takes a day or two for it to auto-correct.

OP
Pier

Pier

I am far from being an internet expert, so take this with a grain of salt, but I think that the pathways from user to website can be very complicated, with lots of switching stations (or whatever the term is) along the way. So there are lots of opportunities for bottlenecks or errors.

There's also weird stuff where addresses at certain places get jumbled. This is why sometimes a site will be completely dead for people in one neighborhood with one internet provider, while the site works perfectly for everyone else in the world, and it takes a day or two for it to auto-correct.
Yeah definitely.

It's working fine now!

Dirtgrain

ITCrow.jpg

Top Bottom