Is it possible to open logic with kontakt instances disabled?

Discussion in 'Your DAW (Digital Audio Workstation)' started by ag75, Oct 8, 2018.

1. ag75

ag75 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2013
    Nantucket
    I’m working on a large project where I have many instances of kontakt in the template. I have bounced all the midi to audio within the project and was going to mix on my laptop but it won’t load logic because of the size of the project. There isn’t enough ram on my computer. I have turned off the tracks that were midi thinking this would disable the kontakt plugins. Is it possible to load this project on my laptop without loading the kontakt instances?

Thanks

2. WindcryMusic

WindcryMusic ɹǝqɯǝW ɹoᴉuǝS

Oct 19, 2015
    In a word, no, Logic Pro X can't do that. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. As far as I know, your only options to not have any memory use by those tracks would be to remove the MIDI tracks after having bounced them, or remove Kontakt as the plugin on those tracks. Or you could at least save a portion of the memory by purging all of the samples from those Kontakt instances before saving, but the instances themselves would continue to occupy some RAM in that case.

ag75 likes this.
  3. prodigalson

prodigalson Senior Member

Nov 14, 2013
    Simply disconnect your samples drive (assuming you're not trying to do this streaming samples from your system drive!). Instead of overloading your RAM, Logic and Kontakt should open but will show a missing samples error. Choose 'abort loading' for each instance and Logic should open fine and work away.

ag75 likes this.