What's new

Is it possible to modulate LFO Amounts?

maxchristensenaudio

Observant Sound
Would be nice if it were possible to modulate the amount of only certain mod targets.
In other words, if LFO1 is modulating pitch and cutoff, but the pitch mod amount is set to 0%,
then I'd like to be able to modulate the, well... intensity... of the current LFO regardless of what it is currently modulating, and for how much.
So 100% of 0% pitch modulation is still 0% and 100% of 100% cutoff modulation is still 100% and everything inbetween.

Is this possible?

There is an "Intensity" modulation target to choose in modulator modulation targets, but I don't think it does what I think it does.
If you modulate the speed or start phase of an LFO with any modulator,
and then open up the modulation target dropdown menu, there are "intesity" and "intensity (add) and I'm not sure what they do.
Choosing intensity didn't seem to do anything and choosing intensity (add) possibly added mod intensity to all current targets of that LFO?

You do this with the Intensity modulator correct. You can make quite complicated LFO cross modulation like this if you like.

Intensity target scales the output of the LFO, so it affects all targets LFO is modulating. Intensity (add) scales the modulation amounts of all targets LFO is modulating (adds to modulation amounts that you've set).

You can do what you want only by scripting your own modulator which would directly modulate a particular target modulation amount.

But if Intensity scales the actual output of the LFO itself, shouldnt it be possible by using that then?
when adding a constant modulator for the LFO intensity, it didn't seem to be doing anything though...

You need to first have some modulation amount set at target. Try by modulating group tune by lfo, set that to 2 semitones, then add MIDI CC modulator to modulate LFO intensity.

This is to say: Intensity is multiplicative, Intensity (add) is, well, additive. If your target had no modulation amount, Intensity at LFO wouldn't do anything.

Top Bottom