What's new

Is it a good investment to have Keyscape alongside Omnisphere

Rey

Hi. I am an omnisphere owner who loves the sound presets and expansion presets from third party.

My question is am seeing more and more third party presets maker making a requirement to have Keyscape along with omnisphere for the presets to work.

is it a good investment to invest in keyscape in order to allow accessibility to all omnisphere presets in the market?

What will I be missing if I don’t have keyscape along with omnisphere?

are sound presets combine with keyscape sound really cool?

I am looking to make ambient music stuffs so any advice really helps. Thanks a million

Obviously every library has a price, so value is going to be personal.

I really like Keyscape. The keyboards spread the whole spectrum of usefulness from every-day (custom Rhodes) to “Er.... ok” (toy piano thing). The main Grand is ok but not earth-shattering. The Omnisphere patches based on the keyboards are full of very interesting sounds.

For me, it has been worth it for the custom Rhodes. The rest is a very satisfying bonus.

Obviously every library has a price, so value is going to be personal.

I really like Keyscape. The keyboards spread the whole spectrum of usefulness from every-day (custom Rhodes) to “Er.... ok” (toy piano thing). The main Grand is ok but not earth-shattering. The Omnisphere patches based on the keyboards are full of very interesting sounds.

For me, it has been worth it for the custom Rhodes. The rest is a very satisfying bonus.

Reactions: Rey
Everything spectrasonics is gold standard

Value is subjective and it is only you who will be able to decide whether you see a use case for Keyscape

Yes, depends on your needs and likings. For me it was worth it alone especially for the Wing Upright and Wing Tacked piano. I also love the toy pianos which you see not often so deeply sampled as it is in Keyscape. The Rhodes are great but i use them not much (but just because in general i do not use Rhodes or other EP´s often).
A BIG bonus for me is the microtuning option via .tun files and indeed the integration with Omnisphere is excellent as well. You also get 1000+ presets on top which are useful too (for me at least).
But i also did not own much other key libraries before so i see a lot value in Keyscape for me and it is indeed my go-to for all kind of keys mostly now.

FWIW - it's a great keyboard library, but there are other great keyboard libraries. The thing that really sets it apart imo is being integrated into Omni. I got much more excited when a few months after release they added the Keyscape Creative library, 1,200 presets or something I think it was. That would be a good $150-$200 on its own from the good 3rd party devs.

I bought it a couple weeks ago specifically just to use as extra soundsources within omnisphere. It's a really fantastic library and I'd highly recommend it. The processing capabilities of omnisphere coupled with the depth of sampling from keyscape is a truly killer combination.

In short ...YES :). You won’t regret it. Especially for ambient. As others have said, outside of being a great library on its own , the keyscape creative presets are extremely diversified and awesome for ambient . Not to mention the integration from third party devs such as triple spiral audios “Dreamer” soundset.

The C7 custom grand that is a part of keyscape is endlessly useful for the ambient genre amongst others and the cinematic preset is awesome and easily tweak-able to your liking.

Yeah, you should. Instant quality, just watch the vids. But that Keyscape Creative library makes it even more interesting indeed, and you get them included. Omnisphere2 and Keyscape are two of my absolute favorites.

If you want an excellent general collection of acoustic and electro mechanical keyboard instruments Keyscape is a must. Great EPs, clavinets, random old instruments. Almost no overlap with omnisphere. The combined patches are cool but in their self not worth it. Highly recommended, as everything from Spectrasonics.

Last edited:
If you want an excellent general collection of acoustic and electro mechanical keyboard instruments Keyscape is a must. Great EPs, clavinets, random old instruments. Almost no overlap with omnisphere. The combined patches are cool but in their self not worth it. Highly recommended, as everything from Spectrasonics.
I was going to get Keyscape 'mainly' because of the "Combined Patches" you said. I have some way more affordable pianos and eps vst with me which sounds ok for me. The main reason is that the limited access to the third party libraries now and in the future which worries me now that seeing '!must have omnishpere and must have keyscape' at more places in the 3rd party sound makers.
I dont make my own sound(dont have much time atm for that), so I guess be relying on third party for sound expansion.

if its really not worth it I might skip keyscape. but I dont like missing the chance to purchase presets which requires both. such dilemma...

Top Bottom