What's new

Is audio plugin deals safe? i see soudiron ethnic plucked instruments bundle...

I don't quite understand the question. Is it a shady site? No, it's a proper company that generally treats its customers well and (AFAIK) has decent support. You may or may not agree with some of the marketing strategies employed by these kind of 'deal' sites, but they're not out to screw you over.

Personally, I'm more of a VSTbuzz kind of guy myself.

I don't quite understand the question. Is it a shady site? No, it's a proper company that generally treats its customers well and (AFAIK) has decent support. You may or may not agree with some of the marketing strategies employed by these kind of 'deal' sites, but they're not out to screw you over.

Agree. They're legit. But aren't they the same company?

Agree. They're legit. But aren't they the same company?

Not as far as I’m aware. APD is an offshoot of Sample Logic.

APD is legit. However, if you can use multiple email addresses, I’d advise setting one up for them - I’m not overly confident about their approach to email privacy.

i mean safe buy there is nt problems. VSTbuzz i look here. but stuff what i mentioned these plucked ethnic sounds sounds something what i missing but i missing so many things. and i try make music what i allready have.

I think same for kontkat hub and plugin bountique safe as well?

I have never had a problem with APD or VSTBuzz. Though you might want to download quick. I travel a lot for work and forgot to download something I bought from VSTBuzz. Now the links don't work. I am sure it is not VSTBuzz's fault - it was a $9 special, so not a lot of money lost. Usually with APD, you get a code and a link to the producer's site - Soundiron, in this case. The link puts the bundle in your Soundiron cart and the code makes it free. Soundiron then sends you the links to download. I bought it yesterday and all are downloaded and installed. And Soundiron is a great company, they have a couple guys that hang out here if you have any problems.

I've also never had a problem with Kontakt Hub or Plugin Boutique. Though Kontakt Hub is another one I would definitely keep a back up of anything you buy there. Not because they are bad, but they sell a lot of small, new to the Kontakt market, can't get in at another shop type libraries that may disappear if the maker decides it isn't worth it. Great little libraries for really good prices though.

I have never had a problem with APD or VSTBuzz. Though you might want to download quick. I travel a lot for work and forgot to download something I bought from VSTBuzz. Now the links don't work. I am sure it is not VSTBuzz's fault - it was a $9 special, so not a lot of money lost. Usually with APD, you get a code and a link to the producer's site - Soundiron, in this case. The link puts the bundle in your Soundiron cart and the code makes it free. Soundiron then sends you the links to download. I bought it yesterday and all are downloaded and installed. And Soundiron is a great company, they have a couple guys that hang out here if you have any problems.

Have you checked in with VSTBuzz on that broken link? Normally, they stay active for a long time - they might just not know that it's borked.

Indeed, no issues at all with Kontakthub or plugin boutique. I do advise always making backups of licenses and plugins when possible, regardless of where you buy it from.

Have you checked in with VSTBuzz on that broken link? Normally, they stay active for a long time - they might just not know that it's borked.
Yeah, I was thinking about it. I just discovered it when I was loading up my new computer. And I may have downloaded it on my music laptop which I sometimes take on travels. I can't find it anywhere else.

I think same for kontkat hub and plugin bountique safe as well?
I like Plugin Boutique (downloads available in the account, good discounts, reliable) but I'm done with Kontakt Hub (no links in purchase emails, too many clicks to find and download purchases, almost zero customer service). Regardless of price, it should not be so hard to get your purchase downloaded. Of course, they are super quick and easy at taking your money.

Who was the company that used gathered phone numbers to send a text message ad to everyone last year? Pretty sure that was APD, yeah?

Yeah, I was thinking about it. I just discovered it when I was loading up my new computer. And I may have downloaded it on my music laptop which I sometimes take on travels. I can't find it anywhere else.

Hi @dzilizzi please drop us an email to [email protected] and we'll figure out why your download link isn't working. All links on VSTBuzz are available forever so you shouldn't ever have a link that expires :)

I like Plugin Boutique (downloads available in the account, good discounts, reliable) but I'm done with Kontakt Hub (no links in purchase emails, too many clicks to find and download purchases, almost zero customer service). Regardless of price, it should not be so hard to get your purchase downloaded. Of course, they are super quick and easy at taking your money.

I don't get it - it's one more click after logging in to get to the downloads page on KontaktHub as it is to get to PluginBoutique. I just tried it because your post didn't make sense to me.

Neither provides download links in an email. KH would probably benefit from a search function for purchased products. OTOH, PB suffers from sticking everything in one long list, whereas KH you can access the big long list or click the link that applies to the dated invoice.

Who was the company that used gathered phone numbers to send a text message ad to everyone last year? Pretty sure that was APD, yeah?
Yes, they did it once, got such a bad backlash, they apologized and never did it again. I didn't get one as I use my home phone with no text messaging on this stuff.

I don't get it - it's one more click after logging in to get to the downloads page on KontaktHub as it is to get to PluginBoutique. I just tried it because your post didn't make sense to me.

Neither provides download links in an email. KH would probably benefit from a search function for purchased products. OTOH, PB suffers from sticking everything in one long list, whereas KH you can access the big long list or click the link that applies to the dated invoice.

Yup, it's because it's nonsense. All of these sites have dedicated pages for download instructions. I guess we've been spoiled by 'one-click-design' or something.

Both KontaktHub and PluginBoutique are pretty awesome, KH mostly because of all the small, super cool kontakt libs you can find there to mess around with.

Kontakt Hub i seen one nice sounding Roland modular based product what thinked i try look it else where.

Is audio plugin deals safe? i see soudiron ethnic plucked instruments bundle... and sometimes some other nice deals. i am purely enduser.
Ive heard they're pretty dodgy. And their customer service is awful. Had an issue with some plugins and they went on the attack hard with me. No resolution just defence. I'd stay away.

Top Bottom