What's new

Is anyone logging onto the forum from Russia?

Mike Greene

A couple people have complained that the forum is blocked in Russia, but André can't find anything that indicates we are blocking any countries. Before we look further, I'd like to confirm that this is really a forum issue, rather than maybe ISP issues in different areas.

So ... anyone in Russia able to log on?

i just switched my VPN to Russia and write this answer, Mike u might check my IP
128.90.152.10 and the server is in Moscow, Russia. I just do this for test reasons, because VPN Servers can be "blacklisted". If you can read this i am able to log into the Forum
I am still based in Germany...

no real Russians here? lol, only a fake Russian like me...
I dont believe someone would not be able from Russia to watch a Forum like this.
Internet in Russia is still "wild west", more freedom there than in Germany, because besides political things no one cares abt blocking.
Maybe the persons who couldnt log in were on a "protectet" Intranet in University or some Companies who block special attitudes,
BTW Mike: i owned the car in your avatar for like 10 years in the late 80s.
A 1959 Corvette in red with white stripes. Great fun, and a very good sound (no muffler, small block).

Hey, real russian here. It's blocked for me. Been using VPN to access the forum since day one. Usual ISP nothing fancy, no firewalls, no restricted area security shenanigans.

I use VPN service for this purpose. Why you ask this
Because I want to confirm that people are really blocked. (Sometimes people think they are blocked, but it is actually some other problem.)

Was in Moscow three months last summer. I had to use a VPN, too. Apparently, the Russian cyber police lazily blocks entire IP sub-addresses...
I wonder if that's what it is. We looked, and we don't have any countries blocked from our end (at least we don't think we do), but maybe it's Russia who's blocking us, rather than the other way around. The fact that JazzDude used a VPN and did get in suggests that may be true, since his country's internet provider did let him in and our forum didn't block what it thought was a Russian IP address.

It also suggests he has excellent taste in cars. ;)

Thank you guys for the input.

Mike, if this server i used (i added the IP) is a known VPNserver from a European Country (VYPRvpn is in Switzerland) rented in Moscow, it could be possible they dont firewall it.
Just thinking in the head of anybody who wants to censor only "his" people.
Anyhow, i still cant believe, why Putin would to block his people from US Internet Forums. Maybe your server IP range shares something like a political anti Russia forum?
All Gaming (twitch) is full of Russians, just sayin.

Top Bottom