What's new

Is action strike ok for trailer music?

A few would be: Blade Runner 2049, Mission: Impossible – Fallout, How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World, Bumblebee.
Thats siiickk dude :) Did you do it from ground up or how would that work? Do you have supporting rules or? Could you link me to some of your work?

Do you mean the sample quality or the fact that it has looped based content?

Quality wise, yes it's a great drum library! If you're hesitant to use loop base libraries like damage because of the recognition value, then I wouldn't use the loops, it still has one hits in it. Altough I think every loop based library is a tool, some people just use the loops, some let them shine by using them creatively.

Last edited:
Yes it is awesome for a super dry punchy layer especially. Not the greatest library on its own but in combination with others is where it really shines. If you wanted just 1 library for epic perc I'd get Strikeforce

A few would be: Blade Runner 2049, Mission: Impossible – Fallout, How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World, Bumblebee.
Since you worked on some of these blockbuster trailers, could you tell me who decides what direction the music is supposed to take? Is there like someone from the motion picture company who approves the music you show them?

Since you worked on some of these blockbuster trailers, could you tell me who decides what direction the music is supposed to take? Is there like someone from the motion picture company who approves the music you show them?

In the Blade Runner example the track started out on a trailer music library album. This was then pitched to various trailer editing houses.

Then an editor ended up using the track for their Blade Runner trailer but wanted some changes. It needed to be more sci-fi/bladerunnery to fit the trailer better. After a few back and forths tweaking the track the trailer house approved things.

Then this cut had to be approved by the film studio who were choosing from a few other versions of the same trailer with different music/edits. Then luckily the edit with our track ended being chosen for the finished trailer.

The final trailer also contains some additional music and sound design elements from other trailer music composers which were edited together with our track.

This has been my general experience with other placements as well. So quite few layers of approval take place before the end product.

Yeah you can tell the trailer music was adapted to fit Bladerunner specifically, with those Vangelis-esque synth sounds... Always gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling. :)

What synth or library did you use for those sounds?

Top Bottom