What's new

Introducing Theatrical Progressive: A single from my debut hybrid-orchestral album

Hello musicians and music-lovers,
I am delighted to share with you an experimental track from my debut album "Wrong Side Out". The track is called "Rucci" and many others have called it polystylistic, contemporary classical, new-age, sound-track, etc. It may be a mixture of them all but I like to think of it as "theatrical progressive" - it's very dramatic in its transitions and like prog-rock, takes you on an emotional journey from A to B. Please listen to it with a good listening device and share it with the ones who might enjoy it :)

Rucci (Apple Music):
Rucci (Spotify):

Background: Rucci (read as Ruchi means taste in Tamil). Rucci is an original composition that describes the nonlinear evolution of my taste in music. In this track, I first pay homage to several composers who've influenced my taste in music in the quest for finding my own voice. Second, Rucci is a song about Resonance and Dissonance - two fundamental reasons as to why I make music in the first place. Just like sympathetic resonance, I believe that our taste in music is merely a reflection of our resonance with the composers and listeners around us. Similarly, the dissonance in my life and the way my mind processes it is what is reflected in the track. This was an experimental venture to break the boundaries of genre and focus primarily on the theme of the song. Hope this track resonates with you :)

A Raagamuffin initiative. Album: Wrong Side Out. Composed, Performed, and Produced by Sai Prasanth. Mixed and Mastered by Srikar MN. All samples are from Spitfire Audio.

Top Bottom