What's new

Introducing...The Ruler: A New Benchmark in Sampling

Soundiron Team

Soundiron is known for our willingness to take sampling ever farther, to go to any lengths and explore every inch of the sonic world. Our never-ending quest is sampling literally every measurable sound in the universe that has musical potential. We're willing to break all the rules in our quest and this is no exception to the rule...er.

We recorded 30 notes with our 6-inch ruler (15.24cm) and 38 notes on our 12-inch ruler (30.48cm), plus percussive taps, rattles and drops. We also recorded a wide variety of sound effects and percussive articulations with our 25-foot (3m) and 10-foot (7.62m) tape-measures for a more modern take on the concept.

This library includes a customizable modular user interface with a collection of uniquely sound-designed ambient pads and tonal atmospheres created by manipulating the source recordings, along with plenty of custom FX presets to let you take the sounds even further. It's built for the full retail version of Kontakt 5.5 or later.

You can purchase The Ruler on sale now for only $9 (MSRP $19) Hurry, Sale Ends April 15th!

Soundiron is known for our willingness to take sampling ever farther, to go to any lengths and explore every inch of the sonic world. Our never-ending quest is sampling literally every measurable sound in the universe that has musical potential. We're willing to break all the rules in our quest and this is no exception to the rule...er.

We recorded 30 notes with our 6-inch ruler (15.24cm) and 38 notes on our 12-inch ruler (30.48cm), plus percussive taps, rattles and drops. We also recorded a wide variety of sound effects and percussive articulations with our 25-foot (3m) and 10-foot (7.62m) tape-measures for a more modern take on the concept.

This library includes a customizable modular user interface with a collection of uniquely sound-designed ambient pads and tonal atmospheres created by manipulating the source recordings, along with plenty of custom FX presets to let you take the sounds even further. It's built for the full retail version of Kontakt 5.5 or later.

You can purchase The Ruler on sale now for only $9 (MSRP $19) Hurry, Sale Ends April 15th!

I really love the measured sound it gives

Great work this looks quite promising! I think future libraries will be measured on how they stand relative to Ruler!
Do you have any plans on releasing an expanded metric edition?
Thanks 👍

Tons of puns in here! This was a fun library to make and if anyone in here has picked up a copy, please share you tracks as we'd love to hear how you used it!

Will a mock-up of ‘The Imperial March’ be accurate and well measured with this Ruler, or will it make it sound 2 and half times better as ‘The Metric March’?
(Asking for a friend)

Will a mock-up of ‘The Imperial March’ be accurate and well measured with this Ruler, or will it make it sound 2 and half times better as ‘The Metric March’?
(Asking for a friend)
genius. I'm flummoxed why it never occurred to me that the Imperial March would not hold up to scientific rigor unless measured metrically. Unfortunately, this forever changes the meaning of this tune. I cannot unread this...o_O

Top Bottom