What's new

Introducing Red Room Audio and the "Palette" Orchestral Series, plus a freebie!

Sincere thanks for all the wonderful feedback here and via email. We're so happy you're loving Palette! Check out the new featurette "Creating Palette," detailing the origin, production process and features of the Palette line. "Palette - Symphonic Sketchpad" is $50 off through December 31st.

Does your site offer the option to order VAT free for VAT registered EU customers as have had issues in past with US orders where it gets added automatically?
I recently purchased all 4 products and I can tell you that there is no additional VAT for EU customers.
What you see is what you pay.....

Merry 2018! Just a note to say thanks for all the support and kind words in Red Room Audio's first month. We also want to let you know we're currently preparing the first big FREE update for Palette - Symphonic Sketchpad. We've always admired developers who continually improve their own products and we plan to do the same. Here's a taste of what version 1.1 will include:

1. NEW patch: drum ensembles (taikos, tupans, toms, snares, bass drums, etc) - ideal for epic (*gack* i used the E word..) trailer scoring!
2. NEW patch: marimba!
3. NEW patch: hand percussion (congas, bongos, cajon, djembe, etc)!
4. NEW additions to our percussion patch (cymbals fx, wood blocks, etc).
5. More snapshots for the synth patch.
6. Various performance enhancements based on user feedback.

We're also extending the $249 intro price on Palette - Symphonic Sketchpad for one more week (goes to $299 after Jan 15th). So get your foot in the door now to get Symphonic Sketchpad AND the upcoming 1.1 update for the intro price. Thanks again and hope to see you all at NAMM in 2 weeks, where I'll be walking around drooling over toys my wife won't allow me to buy.

Last edited:
Very happy with my purchase of your entire suite of Palette. The consistency (dynamics, key-switching etc...) across the who line has made my template setup easy. And now this. Great start Dickie!

What are the changes in Melodics as got an email that said it was getting extra articulations, what are these?
For Melodics, we're adding up to 6 new articulations to each of the 6 soloist patches. We're still sorting through the recordings to decided which to include but they're going to be extended techniques like trills, rips & falls, multi-tongue, mutes, etc. We're also hoping to add con sord to the Violins Octaves patch.

That's really great news. Can't wait to try these out... and for anyone who's not yet checked out Palette, you owe it to your template to do so. Incredibly easy to use and sounds great.

Last edited:
Let's do a primitive punk-rock style NAMM promotion, shall we? If you see me walking around (I'll be there all 4 days) come say hi and provide your email address and I'll send you a 15% discount coupon code good towards any Palette product(s). Looking forward to meeting some of you fine folks.

Last edited:
There's only one legato speed recorded for Palette so there's no velocity based legato speed changes. Dynamics can be either a controller (modwheel or whatever else you want) or actual key velocity (most useful for shorts).

Thanks. Controlling dynamics using key velocity is what I'm looking for. For me it's a requisite to play live, because it's almost impossible to play two-handed and add all dynamics with an expression pedal.

So you confirm it is possible for long notes too and not limited to shorts (pizz, stacc).

There's only one legato speed recorded for Palette so there's no velocity based legato speed changes. Dynamics can be either a controller (modwheel or whatever else you want) or actual key velocity (most useful for shorts).

When I see the demos, Dyn control for String SUSTAINS always has the value 'Fixed (Dyn)' so I can switch it to velocity?

Can I also combine both? Like setting the initial dynamics based on key velocity, then hold the notes and use controller to add crescendo/diminuendo?

Last edited:
Fixed (Dyn) means that articulation dynamics cannot be changed to velocity control, instead they will always be handled by Dynamics slider.

We're really close! We've added even more new content than we last announced (almost 3 GB in Symphonic Sketchpad alone!) and we're implementing as many user requests as possible across the entire Palette line. All 4 libraries are getting some love, plus we're releasing a brand new product at the same time. Everything should be ready to roll out by mid-March. Stay tuned, the Saga continues!

We're really close! We've added even more new content than we last announced (almost 3 GB in Symphonic Sketchpad alone!) and we're implementing as many user requests as possible across the entire Palette line. All 4 libraries are getting some love, plus we're releasing a brand new product at the same time. Everything should be ready to roll out by mid-March. Stay tuned, the Saga continues!

Amazing news !
Thanks a lot

Top Bottom