What's new

Introducing MixBox - All the FX you need in one rack

IKMultimedia

We are very excited to announce MixBox, a “500 series”-style virtual rack plug-in for Mac and PC. It offers musicians, producers and engineers of every genre all the effects they need in one “rack” to mix faster and more efficiently while enjoying professional sound quality and a convenient, lightning-fast workflow.

MixBox includes 70 studio processors and creative effects derived from IK’s T-RackS, AmpliTube, and SampleTank, as well as four stunning new reverb algorithms. It packs these processors into a convenient and intuitive channel strip layout that can be used as a plug-in for any DAW or in stand-alone mode. View the complete gear and effects collection here.

Users can create and save their own custom channel strips in an 8-slot “rack” that can be used in all major DAWs. With drag & drop routing and a range of advanced controls like wet/dry mix, sidechain and individual processor gain, users can assemble even complex, professional processor chains in seconds.

MixBox
’s stand-alone mode offers a complete, easy-to-use mixing experience for nearly any situation, with up to eight separate racks of eight processors each.

Audio can be fed into a computer from any source such as a digital mixer or audio interface, and the MixBox main panel will offer control over all eight racks at once. Users can load rack presets, add or remove processors from each rack, activate the side-chain and manage input/output channels and gain for each rack, all from one panel.

Beginners will benefit from having hundreds of high-quality effects and presets, as well as 600+ presets, at their fingertips to kick-start their creativity, while advanced users can speed up their workflow by using the customizable format to save and recall whole custom effects chains instantly.

MixBox
is now available from our online store and from IK authorized dealers worldwide for an introductory price of $/€199.99* (regular price will be $/€299.99*).

Existing owners of any registered IK product that retails for $/€99 or more can purchase MixBox for an introductory crossgrade price of $/€149.99* (regular crossgrade pricing will be $/€199.99*).

Customers that have purchased** at least 5 T-RackS processors, T-RackS 5, T-RackS 5 SE, T-RackS 5 Deluxe, T-RackS 5 MAX, Total Studio 2 MAX, iLoud Micro Monitor, iLoud MTM, & Lurssen Mastering Console will get an additional $/€ 50 automatic coupon applied at checkout, and can get MixBox for only $/€ 99.99* (regular crossgrade pricing will be $/€199.99*).

Click here to learn more about MixBox.

*All prices excluding taxes.

**Additional coupon is not valid for all promotional, NFR, or free users of the software.

Wow - very cool to see! A real competitor it seems to Slate VRS - and no subscription thankfully!
Thanks! I think it is great, and I have been happily using it for a good while now. Though I did only just recently get the presets so I have to check out a lot of those (and there are a lot).

I've been demoing this today. It sounds quite nice to my ears (as most IK things do, and as a result I own a bunch of their software and hardware).

Over on some other forums, the IK rep has indicated that there are no current plans to his knowledge to implement the annoying (my word, not his) consumer-unfriendly practices that IK has previously instituted with Amplitube (with IK’s ongoing refusal to hide presets one doesn't own the components for) or T-RackS (with IK’s ongoing insistence on installing every subsidiary plugin, whether one owns it or not). To be clear, the rep has made clear this is not a promise or commitment re: MixBox’s future development.

Even though I’ve avoided some IK software (like T-RackS itself) specifically as a result of IK’s Amplitube and T-RackS approach (and planned to continue to do do so in the future), given this possible move away from IK’s previous Amplitube and T-RackS model, I'm leaning towards being optimistic and buying this, as I do think it sounds good and will work well for me. And perhaps IK has learned how much consumers hate their bloating practices and will treat us kindly? Maybe? Yeah, I know I’m setting myself up to rage later if / when they disappoint me, but hope springs eternal! :grin:

pretty cool, but way too expensive for those of us that already own all of T-Racks, Amplitube and almost everything else this was derived from.
Yes. Also, apparently because I bought most of my IKM licenses off of forum members, I am not eligible for the $99 crossgrade, although I do own all of T-RackS

FYI the only way anyone can legally sell you their ikm license is by paying the license transfer fee to ikm and after that you will possess all ownership equally as if you bought it from ikm. Right?

i own almost everything ikm makes and they still wanted $149 at a discounted price for this, not sure where you heard $99, but I probably would not pay $99 either as it doesn’t bring anything new other then a cool looking rack concept. I’m sure there must be a few creative fx in there which are new and unique, but I have a ton of stuff like that already installed on my computer. Just sayin’. I think it is a nice package for someone that is not already invested in amplitube and t-racks. Syntronik has some of them and they sound good and have an easy to use factor.

You only see the $99 (if you are eligible for it) as you are about to check out....

The workflow is kind of nice.
The modulation fx are nice. (although I am not a fan of Ik's Amps)
The hope that there won't be multiple tiered versions of this is my last chance for ik with me.

So I bought it for $99.

Would be nice if they added a few more things at no additional cost, some mentioned above (gate, sunset reverb, tapes), but thus far I am quite enjoying it on guitar.

Btw most (not all, new Reverbs, new tape cassette's) are in the racks of Samplitube 4. Of course these are a lot more useful (side chaining, wet/dry, being able to use it on anything etc)
rsp

Yes, while it's not apparent at first, you'll see the extra discount when you put MixBox in your cart—if you're signed in and you qualify.

From what I can see when you have most of the effects already, your $99 is paying for the more than 600 presets, the four new reverb algorithms, the new Tape Cassette plugin, the ability to save and recall chains, and any effects in the bundle you don't already own. Whether or not it's worth that price depends on how much use you'll get out of those features.

Best,

Geoff

This is an expansion of the rack in Syntronik, which looks like this:

I have always loved this, it's one of my favorite Syntronik features.

And this is the same thing I love, plus MORE.
8 in the rack vs 4. 70 processors vs 38. Very nice.

I don't know if I will buy it now. I have to think about that. But when the right price comes along, definitely.

Yes, while it's not apparent at first, you'll see the extra discount when you put MixBox in your cart—if you're signed in and you qualify.

Noted. I have some jam points too... checking out demo some more right now...

From what I can see when you have most of the effects already, your $99 is paying for the more than 600 presets

I'm only seeing roughly 200 presets. Where do you get 600? There could be hidden inner presets for each module too I guess, each module (there are 70), have 5-10 module-specific presets, so that is probably where the rest are.

My conclusion about the presets so far, they are fine, nothing revolutionary or anything... Not worth $99 for the presets alone, IMHO.

I'm still left with the thought I can't justify the price. Its a fine product, if I were starting over, I would choose this over T-Racks probably for a nice collection of FX that covers a wide gamut of possibility; in a simplified way compared to T-Racks. Hell, a lot of people could use this instead of Amplitube bloat too and be perfectly happy...so there is that too.

The FX collection is not as broad as I would have hoped in order to get me interested it would have needed to have some better unique and original FX modules. But its really just the typical stuff, all of which I can handily do using T-Racks, Amplitube, Leslie and so many other products I already have which cover the basic FX ground being covered here.

I think the main advantage of this product is the consolidated rack interface, which is gorgeous to look at and some people will enjoy using this consolidated and somewhat simplified view.. But for me, it doesn't really provide anything new, just pretty lights to look at, and I'll save $99 for something else.

Check - I do get the €99.99 price at checkout. However... cannot seem to add my jampoints to the mix... did anyone try that yet? Or can’t they be used in an intro sale like this?

I used to be a big IK and T-Racks fan, but over the years have gradually moved away from using their plugins as other more cost-effective state-of-the-art plugins have become available. I think the only ones I use with any regularity nowadays are the Black76 compressor and the Sunset Sound reverb.

IMHO, the entire T-Racks line has been in need of an update and overhaul for many years. For instance, I've been bugging them for at least 10 years to add wet/dry mix knobs to their compressors and saturation units. At least it looks like they've finally added that capability in Mixbox, but I'm still a little underwhelmed by this release. Maybe I'm wrong, but Mixbox just seems like an attractive repackaging of T-Racks. The new reverbs don't thrill me - I've got great reverbs already. So as a T-Racks Max owner, my $99 doesn't seem like it's buying me much more than some nice eye candy.

Yeah, I'm being a bit of a curmudgeon today :sad:

I'm only seeing roughly 200 presets. Where do you get 600?
It's part of the Key Features section at the following link:

Check - I do get the €99.99 price at checkout. However... cannot seem to add my jampoints to the mix... did anyone try that yet? Or can’t they be used in an intro sale like this?
I believe you can't stack discounts with IK Multimedia, so the Jam Points won't work with the $50 off promo.

Best,

Geoff

It's part of the Key Features section at the following link:

as I already said....about 200 full presets and then there must be 400 module-specific presets, 5-10 per module.

They were fine, but I can't justify paying $99 for the included presets

Top Bottom