What's new

INTRODUCING Century Brass 2.0 Available Now!

If you choose all three they still come packaged separately so you can pause the download of one or two of the libraries while one downloads. The solo and regular ensemble libraries took forever to unpack. One was still going after 90 minutes when I finally just let it go overnight. I did wake up to everything successfully unpacked.
So all samples need to be downloaded again as if it were a new install?

So all samples need to be downloaded again as if it were a new install?
yes. the smaller download is good when you don't have so much space left on the drive. from the point where the library is download to when unpacking has finished, you need about the double amount of space in comparison to the final Kontakt folder on the disk.

yes. the smaller download is good when you don't have so much space left on the drive. from the point where the library is download to when unpacking has finished, you need about the double amount of space in comparison to the final Kontakt folder on the disk.
Ok thanks. I have plenty of space so lot too worried. I’ll just do the full download.

Ok thanks. I have plenty of space so lot too worried. I’ll just do the full download.
I had to install the Solo Brass separately because all the rar files were downloaded, but unpacking in the 8Dio app took hours until I stopped. I then unpacked the rar files separately with unrarx, which was done in 5 minutes.

Got a question for anyone with the Century Brass 2.0 update.

It seems that when I do a batch resave, some samples from the solo tuba are missing. The first time this happened I thought maybe I'd goofed something up with the download or copying the files. I downloaded the entire library directly from 8dio a second time to make sure I had all of the files. But now this has happened a second time. A batch resave yields the same results with samples missing from the tuba (I think it's just the tuba, off the top of my head), but regardless there are missing samples). Is anyone else having this issue? I'll email 8dio but I thought I'd ask here too.

Thanks!

Got a question for anyone with the Century Brass 2.0 update.

It seems that when I do a batch resave, some samples from the solo tuba are missing. The first time this happened I thought maybe I'd goofed something up with the download or copying the files. I downloaded the entire library directly from 8dio a second time to make sure I had all of the files. But now this has happened a second time. A batch resave yields the same results with samples missing from the tuba (I think it's just the tuba, off the top of my head), but regardless there are missing samples). Is anyone else having this issue? I'll email 8dio but I thought I'd ask here too.

Thanks!
I did a batch resave as well. Fortunately no samples are missing, but the load times increased drastically. Did someone else encounter this problem?

I did a batch resave as well. Fortunately no samples are missing, but the load times increased drastically. Did someone else encounter this problem?
I started using a little bit Century Brass 2.0 this morning and I noticed the same thing after the batch resave...

I talked with the support of 8Dio (great one, fast response, very kind and useful) about the batch resave and they suggested me to try this operation. For me it worked just fine:

Windows Defender has been causing some problems with the batch resave files that are created, deleting them when Kontakt is closed and causing the long load times.
You can add your library folder as an exclusion from the defender, so the program will still run but won't scan the library folder.
Open Windows Defender Security Center.
Click Virus & threat protection.
Click the Virus & threat protection option.
Under "Exclusions," click the Add or remove exclusions option.
Click the Add an exclusion button.
Select the content you want to exclude from Windows Defender Antivirus, select your library folder.

You have to make a batch resave again after this.

Hope this helps!

I talked with the support of 8Dio (great one, fast response, very kind and useful) about the batch resave and they suggested me to try this operation. For me it worked just fine:

Windows Defender has been causing some problems with the batch resave files that are created, deleting them when Kontakt is closed and causing the long load times.
You can add your library folder as an exclusion from the defender, so the program will still run but won't scan the library folder.
Open Windows Defender Security Center.
Click Virus & threat protection.
Click the Virus & threat protection option.
Under "Exclusions," click the Add or remove exclusions option.
Click the Add an exclusion button.
Select the content you want to exclude from Windows Defender Antivirus, select your library folder.

You have to make a batch resave again after this.

Hope this helps!
and after all that, what is the loading time on your system?

Hello, I saw someone mention this issue before, but my solo trombone and a few other's seem to have duplicated patches. For instance, the Crescendo patch is exactly the same as the Sfz. Anyone else noticed this? Has 2.0 fixed it?

There is a forthcoming update which adds release triggers to all the shorter marcatos (unless they're too short to use a release effectively). I don't have a date to announce today. Century Strings 2.0 will be released first (and soon)

Best,

Colin
Great to hear. Is there any chance of getting a speed-control option back for arcs, soaring artics, etc. like there was in 1.0? The release triggers are good to have but don't cover all use cases. Pretty please with a cherry on top?

Top Bottom