What's new

INTRODUCING Albion NEO. The next chapter in our bestselling Albion series.

I really start to understand now the feeling that many of you have shared here on the forum: Instead of taking the time and fixing at least some of the glaring issues in their very current lineup (yes BBCSO I am looking at you), they seem to move on and push out new products in an ever accelerating manner.

EDIT: this does not make me less excited about the new Albion per se. I love Spitfire, have and use a lot of their their libraries and find many of them to be excellent and the best of their kind. But this point bugs me. I kind of understand the "shell out more products, sell more, get bigger, and growth is necessary in order to survive in a very competitive market" argument. But I believe it's a false dichotomy (that kind of reflects the modern times and associated short-term oriented thinking).

a) simply from a musicians and customers perspective, and

b) also for their own welfare as a company in the long term. Quality (and therefore justified higher price points) trumps quantity and a growing bunch of users of older products with partially unfixed issues that become more and more unsatisfied because of this. Sustainability and an enthusiastic fellowship of customers are, in my view, a more viable long term strategy, also and especially from an economical perspective. History and logic have clearly proven that in my opinion.

Last edited:
I really start to understand now the feeling that many of you have shared here on the forum: Instead of taking the time and fixing at least some of the glaring issues in their very current lineup (yes BBCSO I am looking at you), they seem to move on and push out new products in an ever accelerating manner.

EDIT: this does not make me less excited about the new Albion per se :)

So true. Disappointing...

EDIT: this does not make me less excited about the new Albion per se :)

It's almost like different teams are working on different products that are planned on different timelines

Top Bottom