What's new

Interface and ADA Sync problems

Hello, I have an FCA1616 with a 8 channel ADA synchronised via optical cable to get 16 simultaneous channels for recording.

The problem is: I´ve done everything right, by the manual. Everything is synced, my DAW recognises my 16 channels but I just can't get any sound thru my ADA (I´ve tested it, everything is working fine).

With my interface, everything is fine. Just te ADAT don't give me my input sounds.

I use a late 2012 Mac mini, with the latest macOS.

Anyone has any tip or experience with that? I´ve read thousands of posts and still no clue.

JamieLang

Your FCA needs to be set to SLAVE it's clock from the incoming ADAT optical...and the (I'm assuming?) ADA8000 expander needs to be set as master clock. I know you SAY it's "all sync'd" but other than sometimes getting a read out in the control panel, passing audio is how you know it's sync'd.

Can't go over 48khz with ADAT, too...in case you're in sync then starting a 96khz project...interface IO will be fine, expander will need an extra optical cable.

OP
M

musiccorner

Thank you for your answer!

Doing that way worked too but i found out the problem: the optical input connection on the FCA is not working perfectly! Moving the optical cable slowly there eventually synced.

Top Bottom