What's new

Instrumental Symphonic Metal!

osum

Now, this might be something a little bit different to the other posts here but I think I dare to post it:

Nahtram is my instrumental orchestral/symphonic metal project I'm doing in my free time. Since the main part of it is metal the orchestrations might be a bit different from other compositions but maybe somebody still wants to check it out. (The intro and middle part is purely orchestral though)

I also put the orchestra only version of it up on YouTube, but please note that a lot of it there might sound weird without the other stuff around it:

Thanks.

Please share more. So nice with variety here, recently we also had pop, waltz, shamanic music and tango etc. You dont pick up comments or likes here easily, but it doesnt mean its not appreciated. It is. Thanks again.

This is awesome... now I'm going to go out and play it in the car because it deserves more volume than my family will allow in the house! 😀 I didn't know symphonic metal was a thing, but I like it!

This is awesome... now I'm going to go out and play it in the car because it deserves more volume than my family will allow in the house! 😀 I didn't know symphonic metal was a thing, but I like it!
Haha, awesome, thanks man!

The full album is out now:

I also uploaded an orchestra only playlist for it so you can listen to it without the metal around it :D

Haven't listened to the album yet, only the first song. Liked it a lot. Thank you for sharing.

One thing... the riser sounds (for example around 1:20) I would personally leave out; in my opinion they are not necessary here, do not fit the musical imagery and are mood killers to some extent.

Haven't listened to the album yet, only the first song. Liked it a lot. Thank you for sharing.

One thing... the riser sounds (for example around 1:20) I would personally leave out; in my opinion they are not necessary here, do not fit the musical imagery and are mood killers to some extent.
Thanks!

Yeah the riser thingy...well, it's a bit hardcore trailer cliché I guess but I decided to leave it in anway :D

Holy cow! This shit slaps!

Love the song structure you take. Dare I say it reminds me of Opeth?

Edit: yes, it does remind me of Opeth. I kept expecting to hear Mikael come in every minute or so.

Dare I say it reminds me of Opeth?
It's certainly one of the best compliments you can make, I'm a big Opeth fan.
I was unsure about some of the acoustic guitar parts in some of the tracks from time to time because they scream Opeth pretty loud. But yeah, do some finger picked Minor add9 chords and it probably sounds like Opeth in some way :D

It's certainly one of the best compliments you can make, I'm a big Opeth fan.
Same. I named my kid after their singer. Even got the wife to buy in on the spelling.

He's actually got a fairly impressive growl for a 1.5 year old.

I was unsure about some of the acoustic guitar parts in some of the tracks from time to time because they scream Opeth pretty loud. But yeah, do some finger picked Minor add9 chords and it probably sounds like Opeth in some way :D
Even if you stripped out the acoustic bits, it would still have that Opeth song structure feel of continuously shifting intensity, never lingering on a single idea too long. Stylistically, it sounds like an amalgamation of Opeth, Nightwish and some other old school heavy metal band that I can't put my finger on.

Even if you stripped out the acoustic bits, it would still have that Opeth song structure feel of continuously shifting intensity, never lingering on a single idea too long. Stylistically, it sounds like an amalgamation of Opeth, Nightwish and some other old school heavy metal band that I can't put my finger on.
That's great to hear! I love their longer, more complex song structures, especially on the pre-prog-rock albums, so that certainly had an impact on me.

Top Bottom