What's new

Instrumental Love Song for Clarinet and Piano

Dear Villain

Ageing brings wisdom, the building of inner strength and the collection of beautiful memories. Like thumbing through old photographs, "I Remember" is touching and reflective. The long, soaring melody of the clarinet and the steadfast rhythm of the piano present a nostalgic performance, remembering the glory of youth while yearning to know what the future will bring.

Link removed

Last edited:
Nice Dave, very touching and with some nice harmonies and melodic turns. It all flows well and certainly puts one in a reflective and slightly melancholic state of mind.
Just one thing, what's "Aging", I've not tried that yet..... ;)

Last edited:
Nice Dave, very touching and with some nice harmonies and melodic turns. It all flows well and certainly puts one in a reflective and slightly melancholic state of mind.
Just one thing, what's "Aging", I've not tried that yet..... ;)
Thanks, Mike. Always nice to hear from you! I trust you're composing music that's slightly more grand in scale than my little "love songs", but a little ear candy is always a nice diversion :)

As for "aging", I'll confess to being a little embarrassed by my typo...until I discovered from a quick Google search (BBC World: Learning English) that apparently both spellings are correct, although "my" version is less common. Remember, you're only as old as you feel and AG is nothing but a number!

Cheers,
Dave

I've listened to it four or five times, I think, now over the course of several days. It's a very pleasurable piece, and one that really captures a complex mood and shows different faces of it.

I've listened to it four or five times, I think, now over the course of several days. It's a very pleasurable piece, and one that really captures a complex mood and shows different faces of it.
Now I'm cursing the youtube link. If I posted the spotify link, I would be .000000000000001 cents richer with those four or five plays :)

Seriously though, with such a nice response, I may post another from the album early next week.

Cheers!
Dave

Dear Villain,

I enjoyed this piece very much. It was gentle, thoughtful and reminiscent.

Others have commented on the harmonic twists and turns and I liked those as well. It's also so nice to hear live playing... For my part, I've been mucking around in samples for years so the simplicity of live instruments is very refreshing.

Wishing you the best with your album :)

Dear Villain,

I enjoyed this piece very much. It was gentle, thoughtful and reminiscent.

Others have commented on the harmonic twists and turns and I liked those as well. It's also so nice to hear live playing... For my part, I've been mucking around in samples for years so the simplicity of live instruments is very refreshing.

Wishing you the best with your album :)
Thanks so much, Marc. We're very lucky to be able to share music together, and we're both looking forward to getting back in to live performances (an absence for Covid, of course, but also because we have a toddler that's made practicing difficult!)

As for the album, fear not. When it was released, it sold a whopping one (1) copy to a complete stranger on a music forum. That's the mark of success right there :)

Cheers!
Dave

Top Bottom