What's new

Installing CSS on New Computer

hibhardwaj

Hello Awesome Community Members,

I recently added a much powerful Mac Mini to my workflow (Yay!), in addition to my 2015 MacBook Pro. I already have CSS and CSS Solo libraries installed on my laptop. But I now want to install those on my Mac Mini WITHOUT going through the painful process of downloading about 200Gigs of data (as I already have those files on an external drive).

I tried the Cinematic Strings installer, but it "installs" the program along with downloading the libraries again. Is there a way just to install the program and let it know the path where I have the library files?

Hope I am making sense out of my question. Please let me know if I am not.

Thanks,
~Himanshu

JohnBMears

First I'd recommend having all of your libraries backed up on a mobile storage device. Then if you have that, you just copy CSS from the drive to the Mac Mini (After loading Kontakt onto the Mac Mini) I use a 2TB USB HD to house a backup of my libraries. I guess a Kontakt license can be put on 2 computers, so you'd be setting up the new computer as your old one was- but again having the libraries on an external HD will remove any need or re-downloading.

leon chevalier

Piano roll musician
First I'd recommend having all of your libraries backed up on a mobile storage device. Then if you have that, you just copy CSS from the drive to the Mac Mini (After loading Kontakt onto the Mac Mini) I use a 2TB USB HD to house a backup of my libraries. I guess a Kontakt license can be put on 2 computers, so you'd be setting up the new computer as your old one was- but again having the libraries on an external HD will remove any need or re-downloading.
Yes do copy the file and locate them with Native Access. They will pop up in Kontakt.

Top Bottom