What's new

InstaChord - Brilliant Little Piece of Software - On Sale $14.90

robgb

Genius. Idiot. You Decide.
Bought it about an hour ago and have been playing around. If you're a so-so keyboardist like me, this is a godsend. Opens all kinds of creativity, allowing me to instantly play things I'd normally fumble around for hours to get right.

One of the beauties of it is that during playback it actually plays back the proper notes rather than simply putting a chord on a single key.

Purists will scoff, but hey, we do what we gotta do. ;)

Here's something that would have taken me a bit of practice to do (don't laugh), but only took me seconds with InstaChord:

[AUDIOPLUS=https://vi-control.net/community/attachments/instachord-mp3.13013/][/AUDIOPLUS]

https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/4249-InstaChord

Attachments

• InstaChord.mp3
    1.8 MB · Views: 754
Last edited:
Bought it about an hour ago and have been playing around. If you're a so-so keyboardist like me, this is a godsend. Opens all kinds of creativity, allowing me to instantly play things I'd normally fumble around for hours to get right.

One of the beauties of it is that during playback it actually plays back the proper notes rather than simply putting a chord on a single key.

Purists will scoff, but hey, we do what we gotta do. ;)

Here's something that would have taken me a bit of practice to do (don't laugh), but only took me seconds with InstaChord:

[AUDIOPLUS=https://vi-control.net/community/attachments/instachord-mp3.13013/][/AUDIOPLUS]

https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/4249-InstaChord

Am Keyboardist as well …. and got the Demo recently. So thick-headed, was almost believing it was intended more for guitar players …. :confused:

Thanks for posting. :thumbsup: Will go back and revisit carefully cuz I really need a tool like this !

Be sure to try the demo, probably my lack of understanding but I couldn't get it to do anything in Studio One 2. Looks cool though.

Be sure to try the demo, probably my lack of understanding but I couldn't get it to do anything in Studio One 2. Looks cool though.

Thanks that's a good point,I use DP9 which isn't on the list of supported DAWs,I need to try the demo to see if it will work w/ DP.

Ha Ha !!! Joke's on me :roflmao: This is a 'senior' IQ test and I flunked ……
Running Demo in Reaper, all is functioning OK, but User Manual has me sadly confused.

@ robgb
is having success, so $14.90 seems like a decent deal.

User Manual has me sadly confused
I didn't bother to read the manual. Just screwed around until I figured out what was going on. You have to make sure to route the vst to a midi instrument (I used Arturia V2) and set up the keys in InstaChord the way you want them. Play around a little and you'll eventually get it.

Thanks that's a good point,I use DP9 which isn't on the list of supported DAWs,I need to try the demo to see if it will work w/ DP.
Reaper isn't on the list either, but it works great.

It's been awhile since I used Studio One, but I assume there's a way to route a send to another track. Set up InstaChord on one track and send it to your VSTi of choice on another track.

I could have sworn there were some posts about a year ago about similar software, but I couldn't find it.

What other software is out there that does provide "chord suggestions" similar to what is in Cubase?

@robgb thanks for this suggestion! I'll be picking this one up for sure.

It's been awhile since I used Studio One, but I assume there's a way to route a send to another track. Set up InstaChord on one track and send it to your VSTi of choice on another track.

Here's what it looks like in Studio One 3 - set input for track 1 (MIDI instrument) to track 2 (InstaChord). Arm one or both of the tracks for recording - depending on your needs.

h6hLl37.png

I could have sworn there were some posts about a year ago about similar software, but I couldn't find it.

What other software is out there that does provide "chord suggestions" similar to what is in Cubase?

@robgb thanks for this suggestion! I'll be picking this one up for sure.

Scaler is quite cool. It has quite a few different uses. It does have a library of chords laid out in different genres, but it can also detect what you play into it, so you can create your own chord sets. It's a lot of fun just improvising into it then playing around with the results. It also can be used as a learning tool. It has a scale section that includes every mode in every key. When you select one it shows you the notes of the scale and also lays out the diatonic chords for that scale. You can also select one chord, and then look at a bunch of variations and voicings for that chord. Between the preset chords, the detection section, the diatonic and alternative chord section, you can then drag chords from any of those areas in the the progression builder at the bottom. There you can arrange up to 16 chords (should be more IMO), change their inversion and or octave and save them as chord sets for later recall or drag them into your DAW. Definitely worth checking out. They offer a 14 day demo

https://tiny.ph/7MZh

Last edited:
+1 on Scaler, I use it every day.
Scale & Chord detection feature is killer & also the chord alternatives & voicing. Some of the included Chord Sets are very cinematic & super-inspiring.
I talked to the devs and next version (1.3, coming in few months) will have dedicated Film Score & Cinematic chord sets.

I checked InstaChord a week ago but passed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom