What's new

Inspiration too obvious?

sIR dORT

I'm just curious as to if my influences and inspirations for something like this are too obvious to the listener. There is someone, so I'm curious if it's easy to guess or not.

Attachments

• Untitled.mp3
    4.3 MB · Views: 103

Thanks, here's a soundcloud link.

Also, this is a keyswitch experiment, so the percussion is more just filling, not what my question is centered on.

Kind of sounds like a mix of influences from Man Of Steel and Sherlock 2.
Dangit. Sherlock 2 is the answer. You're actually the person I wanted to hear from - you commented on one of my pieces before that it was too Zimmer-esk, and so I'm curious if that's still obvious to the listener.

Haha, that scene where they're running to the opera right? Zimmer went so overboard with that score, I love it.

I think it's not the worst thing in the world to write in this style as long as you have your own material and develop it in your own way.

Haha, that scene where they're running to the opera right? Zimmer went so overboard with that score, I love it.

I think it's not the worst thing in the world to write in this style as long as you have your own material and develop it in your own way.
It was kind of mesh of everything from the score, to be honest, but yea, it's such a brilliant score. But thanks for the clarification, still trying to navigate the balance between inspiration and originality.

Top Bottom