What's new

Infinite Woodwinds — Welcome to the Next Generation // Update 1.1 adds an E-flat clarinet!

Can't reproduce here. Can you record it into a MIDI and send me the MIDI file? Alternatively, try reloading the project/reinitializing the Kontakt instance (exclamation mark upper right corner).

I'll do it, now I'm at work. Did you try with all the instruments? I found out that in some instrument the issue is very subtle.

I tried with the breath controller in the first place, then I tried without FX chain on it (ReaControl and MIDI mapper) with classic controls (CC 1 for dynamics etc...) and the issue was still there.

Did you tried with attack range all the way down? I use it in that position because I control dynamics with CCs only, then when I need to do staccatos I turn the knob all the way up.
Try it without vibrato and let me know, maybe it is the knob all the way down that causes the issue, this evening I will try again.

Last edited:
Playing with these woodwinds for a few days, and I can say that this is really a terrific experience. After all those years fiddling around with VSL, Spitfire, you name it, it will be undoubtly on my HD, but for the first time I have the feeling that most of those tracks can replaced now by these winds. Especially when it comes down to exposed situations in mockup's.

There is really much to customize and that makes it so expressive, but without any compromise to the sound so far (I haven't checked all patches yet), which is unfortunately different from modeled instruments, as they are now (SWAM, WIVI).

I have made a small user demo of the third movement of Mozart's Oboe Quartet. Btw, the strings here are from SWAM which I finally could mould a bit to my taste with TRAX (transforming frequencies to get rid of its basic sound finally) combined with Toneboosters Enhancer plugin.
But the focus is on the oboe here. Undoubtly there will follow more demo's in the next future. Again: it was such a pleasure to work with this product.

Please note that I don't have any affiliation with AV, maybe it looks like. I am just enthousiastic.

If the strings turn out to be equally surprising....I can't wait.

Herewith the demo:

[AUDIOPLUS=https://vi-control.net/community/attachments/mozartoboequartet-mp3.20948/][/AUDIOPLUS]

Attachments

• MozartOboeQuartet.mp3
    3 MB · Views: 352
Ehi Aaron I did another try and now it seems ok, I don't know why. Maybe yesterday while I was trying something went wrong. I'll let you know if it happens again.

Playing with these woodwinds for a few days, and I can say that this is really a terrific experience. After all those years fiddling around with VSL, Spitfire, you name it, it will be undoubtly on my HD, but for the first time I have the feeling that most of those tracks can replaced now by these winds. Especially when it comes down to exposed situations in mockup's.

There is really much to customize and that makes it so expressive, but without any compromise to the sound so far (I haven't checked all patches yet), which is unfortunately different from modeled instruments, as they are now (SWAM, WIVI).

I have made a small user demo of the third movement of Mozart's Oboe Quartet. Btw, the strings here are from SWAM which I finally could mould a bit to my taste with TRAX (transforming frequencies to get rid of its basic sound finally) combined with Toneboosters Enhancer plugin.
But the focus is on the oboe here. Undoubtly there will follow more demo's in the next future. Again: it was such a pleasure to work with this product.

Please note that I don't have any affiliation with AV, maybe it looks like. I am just enthousiastic.

Herewith the demo:

[AUDIOPLUS=https://vi-control.net/community/attachments/mozartoboequartet-mp3.20948/][/AUDIOPLUS]

Loving this. I bet it took no time to create. If the upcoming strings have this kind of control, we're in for a treat!

I found another thing. If I put flutes offline in Reaper and then I put them online in some way I loose breath settings.

Put Kontakt in a new track in an empty project, load Flute 1 for example. Put the Breath Knob all the way down to eliminate breath sound. Now play and there's no breath sound, as it should be.

Now right click on the track, put Kontakt offline and then online again. Don't touch the breath knob, it should be as you leaved it, all the way down, play the instrument and...the breath sound is here even if the knob is on "off" mode. If you touch again the knob the breath sound revert to what you set it at.

In my template I keep all the tracks offline and I have to set this every time I put them online.

EDIT

It simply happens even if you save and reload your project, there's something happening during initialization.

Please let me know if there is someone experiencing the same thing, maybe in other DAWs too.

@aaronventure I cannot do a midi file for this because it is about a loading process of the instrument.

PS the more I play with this library the more I love it.

EDIT 2

I did another try, kontakt standalone, load Flute 1, breath knob all the way down, save the instrument as a new .nki. Close it, load the saved .nki, you should now hear the breath sound even if the knob is all the way down. Touch the knob and everything goes in place.

I hope it helps.

Last edited:
Aaron, could you make a demo of how you setup and use your controllers to play stuff in? I am especially interested in Leap Motion as I wonder how much more I could get out of your stuff with this thing.

I caved. I did some Kontakt trickery :) but it's technically 100% dry.

Aaron, what are the chances you could update this to have the portamento options similar to samplemodeling? where it's % velocity knob as well as the transition knob.

[AUDIOPLUS=https://vi-control.net/community/attachments/clarinetty-mp3.20979/][/AUDIOPLUS]

Attachments

• clarinetty.mp3
    1.8 MB · Views: 234
Ok great, thank you!!
Until the update hits, there's a workaround you can try. Drop an empty MIDI clip onto the disabled tracks right at the first measure, and click in the desired CC values (set your breath to whatever etc.) Then, when you re-enable the Kontakt instance, just pressing play anywhere past that MIDI data entry will set the controllers to these values.

Until the update hits, there's a workaround you can try. Drop an empty MIDI clip onto the disabled tracks right at the first measure, and click in the desired CC values (set your breath to whatever etc.) Then, when you re-enable the Kontakt instance, just pressing play anywhere past that MIDI data entry will set the controllers to these values.

I already thinked about it, I use mostly envelopes, I'll drop a breath envelope in the tracks an I'll be ready to go. This issue is mostly annoying in live playing.

In a normal composition I'll use breath evelopes for sure so it wouldn't be an issue in a use case of mine.

Herewith the demo:

That oboe sounds incredibly versatile. No KS? That's pretty amazing. I hate stitching articulations together to achieve this sort of thing. Sold.

Now to find the money...

That oboe sounds incredibly versatile. No KS? That's pretty amazing. I hate stitching articulations together to achieve this sort of thing. Sold.

Now to find the money...

Listen to the brass too, and moreover wait for the strings, I put great expectation in them because except for the Audio Modeling Solo Strings I have no strings libraries with this kind of playability and I absolutely want to throw away KS libraries.

Speaking of versatility.......

So far I never could do the part starting at 0:54 with the same library which also could do the part
preceding that.

[AUDIOPLUS=https://vi-control.net/community/attachments/poulenc-flute-sonataavww-mp3.21012/][/AUDIOPLUS]

Attachments

• Poulenc-Flute sonataAVww.mp3
    3.2 MB · Views: 234
Top Bottom