What's new

Infinite Woodwinds — Welcome to the Next Generation // Update 1.1 adds an E-flat clarinet!

bassoon is sounding better aaron
Yep. Pretty much everything was touched on except the saxes in one way or the other, with the flute improvements being by far the most noticeable.

The saxes, along with the flutes, really benefit from the vibrato updates, though.

Yep. Pretty much everything was touched on except the saxes in one way or the other, with the flute improvements being by far the most noticeable.

The saxes, along with the flutes, really benefit from the vibrato updates, though.

and somewhat pre-modulated vibrato is awesome, because I discovered that I actually like modulating the dynamic range + dynamics simultaneously.

Stupid question maybe, but how can we download the update? Haven't received any mail yet.
Check your spam filter, an email was definitely delivered to your address (so you can receive further messages as well). Alex is right, check out that page, (it's the same one I link in the email and the video).

Check your spam filter, an email was definitely delivered to your address (so you can receive further messages as well). Alex is right, check out that page, (it's the same one I link in the email and the video).
It was in the spam folder indeed! Should have checked that sorry :/

Do you have any input on how many spam triggers you get with your marketing mail client? Otherwise, I do recommend you to use either Mailchimp or Mailjet, they do the job well!

It was in the spam folder indeed! Should have checked that sorry :/

Do you have any input on how many spam triggers you get with your marketing mail client? Otherwise, I do recommend you to use either Mailchimp or Mailjet, they do the job well!

Maybe an idea is just to mark his mails not as junk? You can alter that settings pretty easily..> problem solved.

Maybe an idea is just to mark his mails not as junk? You can alter that settings pretty easily..> problem solved.

the bigger issue is just that it was randomly in the junk folder.

Luckily i think most of us are active enough on forums to see that Aaron's put it out, not to mention the added bonus that updates seem pretty regular from aaron, which helps.

the bigger issue is just that it was randomly in the junk folder.

Luckily i think most of us are active enough on forums to see that Aaron's put it out, not to mention the added bonus that updates seem pretty regular from aaron, which helps.
I see, mhm..that´s strange indeed. Normally when I mark an email not as junk, next time, its normally working and sent in my regular inbox. Strange where the dog is buried in that case though..

Well, as a former developer in the email industry, I do advise publishers to do the best to prevent their emails to go to the spam folder, because users won't look into it naturally. But yeah Alexander, you're right, once you've show some interests in some sender's content, as "unjunk" buttons for instance, it will work most of the time.

I wrote to Fastspring asking for a new download five days ago...how long do I have to wait to receive the answer? Is it normal or should I have already received It? Thanks :)

I wrote to Fastspring asking for a new download five days ago...how long do I have to wait to receive the answer? Is it normal or should I have already received It? Thanks :)

Weirdly I had the same thing. Usually they get back to me much quicker but now It has been a week!

I want to buy a Bundle of wood and copper, but I don't see much information. Is there an advantage in CPU and memory calculations?
CPU usage is optimized. The voice count is lean, there are always only 4-6 (depending on instrument) voices playing. The biggest bite for the CPU to chew is the convolution. If you use the mixed mic, the usage goes down by 40% and is then smaller than that of an average Kontakt patch which has multiple mic samples and thus higher voice count. Also, smaller rooms (shorter IRs) naturally use less CPU.

The memory footprint is pretty small as well (you can see a footprint for each instrument in the walkthrough) and is bound to get even smaller with LowRAM patches in the upcoming updates.

CPU usage is optimized. The voice count is lean, there are always only 4-6 (depending on instrument) voices playing. The biggest bite for the CPU to chew is the convolution. If you use the mixed mic, the usage goes down by 40% and is then smaller than that of an average Kontakt patch which has multiple mic samples and thus higher voice count. Also, smaller rooms (shorter IRs) naturally use less CPU.

The memory footprint is pretty small as well (you can see a footprint for each instrument in the walkthrough) and is bound to get even smaller with LowRAM patches in the upcoming updates.

Well the ram impact it is already pretty low, what are the features of LowRAM patches? Mixed mic only?

Well the ram impact it is already pretty low, what are the features of LowRAM patches? Mixed mic only?
Currently, all samples have ~800 ms of them loaded into RAM. I went with this because the footprint was already ridiculously low and doing this increased it to what it actually is with current patches (e.g. Trumpet 1 = 52 MB). This allowed shorts, trills and runs to be 100% streamed from RAM instead of disk and prevented any kind of disk overloads for these initial ~800ms even with standard HDDs. A QoL decision for slower machines.

However, SSDs handle streaming really well so I decided to provide patches where these initial ~800ms of each sample aren't loaded into RAM. Ya know, so you can save even more. So while Trumpet 1 is normally 52 MB, Trumpet 1 (LowRAM) takes only 13 MB.

Yes, that means you can have an entire standard brass ensemble (goes for woodwinds as well) of solo instruments loaded in and taking no more than 200 MB of RAM.

If you want to save even more, you can use the built-in transpose trick and, since it's chromatically sampled, get e.g. 5 trumpets in for 13 MB of RAM (don't foget to move it to a different position). So, let's say, 4 horns, 3 trumpets, 3 trombones and a tuba (or 5, if that's your thing) when used that way will use ~50 MB of RAM.

How cool is that? So much RAM left for multi-mic'd deep sampled cowbells and whatnot. Until I release my own cowbells (hopefully next year), and then you'll have... well, probably a similar amount of RAM left because these will be even smaller.

Top Bottom