What's new

Infinite Series (Aaron Venture) thread

I don't believe in IS, will sounds very synth and lifeless. it is not possible today make a beautiful strings, only samples.

It has not even been released yet. What are your reasons for thinking this? Let us withhold our judgements on the tone of the instruments until we actually hear official demos for them.
I heard AM and SM strings - sounds poor, and the IR technology doesn't get that quality like real recording strings in hall. However i like IB, but strings is too hard. I will be glad if this is not so.

I'm not allowed to have that opinion ? why troll? I know a little bit about how it works and therefore I think so or maybe they surprise me.

What makes you think it is in any way constructive to declare an upcoming sample library will sound lifeless and synthy? Or what is the actual point really?

It would matter if you are a highly respected forum member whose experience and track record for creating very sparkling and beautiful orchestral demos using VIs is well known. In that case I would be interested in your opinion.

As it is, it is a bit random to encounter someone who is relatively unknown on here in a thread posting a totally unresearched opinion about a library that isn’t even released yet. In that case a “who cares” reaction is kind of warranted or at least to be expected. Also, consider it an act of kindness and maybe as a likely failed attempt to educate you, that I even react. I am not looking for any further discussion about this. Feel free to post more pointless opinions. I’ll hit the ignore button and look forward to continue a more constructive (and fun) dialogue with the other people in this thread.

I heard AM and SM strings - sounds poor, and the IR technology doesn't get that quality like real recording strings in hall. However i like IB, but strings is too hard. I will be glad if this is not so.
I have a feeling it'll sound decent (in timbre). Perhaps not QUITE the same as a traditionally sampled-only library, but I have a feeling it'll surprise us.

I don't believe in IS, will sounds very synth and lifeless. it is not possible today make a beautiful strings, only samples.
You are free to believe it but we’ll see if IS is a game changer that proves you wrong.
Aaron did a splendid job with woodwinds and brass, so why not.
The sole benefit of lightweight expressive instruments alone would justify a potential tradeoff in tone IMHO.
And samples are far from ideal solution with noises, RAM hog, inconsistencies, tradeoff with layers, baked in lengths and high dependency to what articulations have been recorded.

Eventually, whatever the technology, what’s most important is the composer’s/programmer’s skillset.

I think AM and SM sound better than most sample libraries. Some people, such as yourself, care more about tone quality, others, such as myself, care more about transitions and playability.

Your statements in the thread might sound too dismissive in this regard, but I'm sure that is due to a language barrier.

It would matter if you are a highly respected forum member whose experience and track record for creating very sparkling and beautiful orchestral demos using VIs is well known. In that case I would be interested in your opinion.

Usually I agree with you but I am afraid not in that particular point. One's ability to judge the tone of a product should not be determined by their ability to create music. Obviously, opinions are usually subjective anyways (unless, of course, one points out something like phasing etc. which you can measure). But in general you also don't require food critics to be good chefs, movie critics to be good filmmakers, ...

Sure, we don't know how "good" @Dmitry's ears are and if the general audience here would approve of their taste. Also, judging IS without any demos is obviously ridiculous. But it shoudln't matter how good someone is at making music to respect their opinion or taste.

Top Bottom