What's new

Infinite Series (Aaron Venture) thread

Anyone familiar with the so called SIPGAS phenomenon?

I have it.

It’s Self Induced Phantom GAS, where you deliberately fake to want to purchase something new because the thing you actually want isn’t there yet.

Out of sheer SIPGAS I now went to the Modartt website, to look at physically modelled pianos I don’t really need. Someone help me. Please.

“Sip” is also a Dutch word that perfectly describes my feelings about it.

I have it.

It’s Self Induced Phantom GAS, where you deliberately fake to want to purchase something new because the thing you actually want isn’t there yet.

Out of sheer SIPGAS I now went to the Modartt website, to look at physically modelled pianos I don’t really need. Someone help me. Please.

I can't help you as I ended up getting Pianoteq, though I got it at a very good price on knobcloud (bought v5 standard, then upgraded to v7, and it still came in at 69% off the current retail price). It is really nice, but I am so happy with SSS Sig Grand along with all the other pianos I have, not sure if I would have got it if it was not for the high discount.

Unless it is priced really high I will get Pianoteq for iOS when it comes out, as it is ideal for devices like ipads, with limited storage and RAM.

I can't help you as I ended up getting Pianoteq, though I got it at a very good price on knobcloud (bought v5 standard, then upgraded to v7, and it still came in at 69% off the current retail price). It is really nice, but I am so happy with SSS Sig Grand along with all the other pianos I have, not sure if I would have got it if it was not for the high discount.

Unless it is priced really high I will get Pianoteq for iOS when it comes out, as it is ideal for devices like ipads, with limited storage and RAM.
Another piano thread reminded me of my ridiculous yet fun quest to own any and all Steinway B samples. I used to have piano lessons on one. (I now have: Xsample, Synthogy, Versillian Joachim’s Piano, ArtVista VirtualGrandPiano 3, AIR Mini Grand). Anyway, Pianoteq obviously has a B. So... hoard away! (I believe I also still need the EZKeys one and the Fluffy Audio one - so I can always SIDE-SIPGAS to those - as I agree with your concept of getting stuff on sale).

And all this because someone HAD to ask about IB1.6, which has distracted Aaron from finishing IS!!!

I have it.

Literally why I purchased SWAM Strings when IS was pushed to 2021 🤣

I have it.

Yes, but moreso for plugins as I’m content to wait for AI’s Solos and better learn to use the bajillion libraries I bought last year. And one vocal course involving Spencer Sotelo from Periphery.

Hey Aaron! Any news on that 1.6 update?

The hanging notes are starting to make my brain rattle, I fear insanity is closing in on me.

(love the library sorry to bug ya 🙊)

I'm alive!

Haven't had much to say here because, well, I'm 100% satisfied with Infinite Brass and Woodwinds, and word about the library has spread enough that I don't necessarily feel the need to contribute my own praise very much anymore. Sure, I still have minor gripes with the trombones and the oboes, but it doesn't really matter to me that much when the libraries sound so great compared to when I bought them. I mean, just listen to them! I've posted a piece I'm working on below.

That said, I'm excited about any improvements 1.6 might bring to the trombones. Outside of that I can't really see myself adding the new instruments to my ongoing projects because the current libraries are simply that strong.

All brass and woodwinds are Infinite. It's mostly out of the box with some minor eq on some instruments, but I did up the ambience on the piccolo a bit for that adventurous sound, and I created by own early reflections using delay for the brass just to give them a bunch of air and space. Just felt it was fair to disclose that there were adjustments made to the sound, even if they were minor. Enjoy!

Full piece:
View attachment Survival Showdown Music.mp3
Main Theme (French Horns Only):
View attachment Horns Only.mp3
Main Theme (Trumpets Only)
View attachment Trumpets Only.mp3

TL;DR: In my mind, Infinite Brass is finished, and I don't have much left to say on these libraries that I haven't already said many times throughout this thread's life. I'll probably be fairly inactive here until we get another update... or another library? :sneaky:;)

Last edited:
I'm alive!

Haven't had much to say here because, well, I'm 100% satisfied with Infinite Brass and Woodwinds, and word about the library has spread enough that I don't necessarily feel the need to contribute my own praise very much anymore. Sure, I still have minor gripes with the trombones and the oboes, but it doesn't really matter to me that much when the libraries sound so great compared to when I bought them. I mean, just listen to them! I've posted a piece I'm working on below.

That said, I'm excited about any improvements 1.6 might bring to the trombones. Outside of that I can't really see myself adding the new instruments to my ongoing projects because the current libraries are simply that strong.

All brass and woodwinds are Infinite. It's mostly out of the box with some minor eq on some instruments, but I did up the ambience on the piccolo a bit for that adventurous sound, and I created by own early reflections using delay for the brass just to give them a bunch of air and space. Just felt it was fair to disclose that there were adjustments made to the sound, even if they were minor. Enjoy!

Full piece:

TL;DR: In my mind, Infinite Brass is finished, and I don't have much left to say on these libraries that I haven't already said many times throughout this thread's life. I'll probably be fairly inactive here until we get another update... or another library? :sneaky:;)
I did miss you! ❤️

I'm alive!

Full piece:

Awesome!!

It's mostly out of the box with some minor eq on some instruments, but I did up the ambience on the piccolo a bit for that adventurous sound, and I created by own early reflections using delay for the brass just to give them a bunch of air and space.
Very impressive !
Would you care to elaborate a bit your settings ?

So, Performance samples are discontinuing their Caspian Brass. Does anybody here use it with Infinite Brass? Or do those who own both think it isn't worth adding to your arsenal when you already have Infinite Brass?

I'm alive!

Full piece:

I'm alive!

Full piece:

I like it ! Possible to have the score/midi?

Top Bottom