What's new

Infinite Series (Aaron Venture) thread

I feel like SMS and IS will be two different products, I mean, both of them are strings libraries but everyone of them will have his own shining points. I'll put both of them in my template and I'll match them in my space just to give more thickness to my strings section.

I don't think we will see IS so soon, I think it will be out in 2021 but maybe summer or even fall. The end of this year will be epic anyway, AM strings ensemble, IS and the new update of SMS (well I hope to see it earlier this year). Oh I almost forgot AM woodwinds update this summer.

Great year for these libraries, I hope the world will not end in 2021.
Yeah I agree, I have heard some really good things from SMB and SMS! If I knew IS was going to be out later in 2021 then I would be more inclined to pick up SMS while waiting for IS.

I love the close encounters nod at the end :D
I'm in the same boat as some earlier posters... I've been resisting buying any strings in anticipation of IS, and made it to Q1 2021, but SM strings is calling my name!

Is there a post or email or something describing the SM update that they might be working on? Thx!
Re: the mockup... wow. The IB horns and bones are just BUTTERY smooth every time, even in non-traditional stuff like this. I know a lot of people have tone complaints but honestly, I find myself prefering the tone of the infinite series to a lot of traditional libraries, even workhorse mainstays. Phenomenal stuff.

And... I'm in the same boat. I held out until the end of March but now the constant trickle of linear time has resumed and we're careening into May without so much as a release quarter. The only thing keeping me patient enough to wait at this point is the fear that, when it does come out, IS might blow SMS out of the water to the degree that I'll regret buying the latter altogether. But...

I'll put both of them in my template and I'll match them in my space just to give more thickness to my strings section.
This is keeping my spirits up a little. I guess it's not just possible, but highly likely that I will eventually end up getting both of these libraries, and I won't end up regretting buying either. I suppose that would be the best outcome after all.

...Which, unfortunately, means that I'll probably be buying SMS some time this month... and should Infinite Strings miraculously be released Q2, I'll have to wait before I can afford it as well... and I'll probably end up with a slight, temporary amount of buyer's remorse. For not having waited. But I'll live.

I have to take into consideration the fact that I would also like to add the SWAM V3 collection as well as the rest of the Infinite and Sample Modeling lines to my template eventually, too. What would the total cost of that end up being? Probably just shy of $3k? Just over? Sounds like a lot, but with the insane amount of deep sampled libraries it would take to match the sheer, insane amount of flexibility having those three collections will grant me... not to mention the storage space... I suppose it'll be well worth it in the long run.

With my luck, though, I'll end up buying all of the above only to discover a fourth, even more amazing semi-modeled library is just around the corner. Why do I even have a savings account at this point?

Anyway, @DANIELE - those mockups you tagged me in are incredible. The Star Wars one in particular. If I were in the mood to squeeze juice out of a stone, could pinpoint a few things I would have (maybe) done differently in the mix... and a few select moments I personally would have layered in some traditional shorts/textures for impact, but like, I'm utterly blown away. I could not dream of getting that seamless of a sound using traditional xfade + articulation patches alone.

Side note - has anybody seen this person ( All for Unknown, Unknown for All )
around VI-Control? They don't seem very well known yet, but their AV mockups on Youtube have been nothing short of jaw-dropping as well.

I'm going to have to start getting paid music work if I'm going to keep up with all of this hype. I'm also going to have to talk to my therapist about developing more patience.

I only experience a lot of hangs with the Humanization feature engaged. Are you running that?
heh we actually just went over this shpiel on the last page (or two pages ago?), unfortunately that is not the culprit :/

but i'm not really complaining, was only responding to pass along the response from Aaron that he is aware of the issue and is hoping a fix in 1.6 takes care of it

...Which, unfortunately, means that I'll probably be buying SMS some time this month... and should Infinite Strings miraculously be released Q2, I'll have to wait before I can afford it as well... and I'll probably end up with a slight, temporary amount of buyer's remorse. For not having waited. But I'll live.
Well you could ask Aaron directly if he has an idea (and if he could share it) about the release date. Usually if he can help you about this he does. Maybe he is still in mid development and he doesn't know about a precise release date and he doesn't give you anyway but he could tell you a guessed date.

I'm waiting for the new SMS patch and for Aaron IS to came out to write at least other 3 tracks I have in mind so my inner musical fire is burning in an empty void right now, he needs to be fed or he will eat my mind!

A question for anyone here who owns IB and IW - when the strings come out one day and you get the full bundle, would you think that these libraries could work as your main, dedicated strings/brass/woodwinds (not layering with other libraries) for cinematic and orchestral music?

I ask because I don't have any dedicated libraries yet and after finding out about the Infinite series, I feel like banking on getting the bundle when the strings come out. It will however cost all savings I have so far, so I will be "stuck" with this choice for a long time afterwards.

A question for anyone here who owns IB and IW - when the strings come out one day and you get the full bundle, would you think that these libraries could work as your main, dedicated strings/brass/woodwinds (not layering with other libraries) for cinematic and orchestral music?

I ask because I don't have any dedicated libraries yet and after finding out about the Infinite series, I feel like banking on getting the bundle when the strings come out. It will however cost all savings I have so far, so I will be "stuck" with this choice for a long time afterwards.
Personally, they already have. Strings remain to be seen. Maybe it's my ocd but I just want a clean template where the Brass and Woods can play most articulations. This allows me to do that. And I'm good with the tone.

And this stuff is easy on the template size and resources.

As far as a single choice goes, you're likelier to like it than not.

Can I ask, what kind of music do you write?

I don't want to post them again, look at the previous page and you will have my answer about this.

I don't want to post them again, look at the previous page and you will have my answer about this.
This is the post @DANIELE is refering to (just in case you weren't sure which one it was):

https://vi-control.net/community/threads/infinite-series-aaron-venture-thread.86499/post-4801165

Some really amazing tracks and really helps show off what the infinite series can do

Personally, they already have. Strings remain to be seen. Maybe it's my ocd but I just want a clean template where the Brass and Woods can play most articulations. This allows me to do that. And I'm good with the tone.

And this stuff is easy on the template size and resources.

As far as a single choice goes, you're likelier to like it than not.

Can I ask, what kind of music do you write?
I feel the same way, I would rather have few but great libraries for each instrumentation, than a ton of different ones. The Infinity seems like a great combination of playablility, sound and price. I don't really write much yet since it's a hobby, mainly have free libraries. But I want to write film/game music and just orchestral in general. :)

Those tracks are amazing! I have had trouble finding anything using these instruments alone - I misread your post because I thought SMS was something you layered it with, until i realized it was the strings. :rolleyes:

Those tracks are amazing! I have had trouble finding anything using these instruments alone - I misread your post because I thought SMS was something you layered it with, until i realized it was the strings.
Thank you, as I said many times I think the same way, I deleted all my other instruments from my template by keeping only these libraries the SM one and the AM ones because I can easily play all of them with a breath controller and I can also copy/paste every midi item from one instrument to another without having to mess with articulations etc...

This is why I forced myself to do the best with those libraries alone, and I still have a lot of room for improvement. :grin:

How many mockups of the Infinities Series use the studio room? The Mozarteum hall sounds nice for a concert hall sound and sets this series apart from the rest. But obviously the studio sounds more cinematic. Thinking about getting these over Cinematic Studio series so I can mockup concept band music too.

How many mockups of the Infinities Series use the studio room? The Mozarteum hall sounds nice for a concert hall sound and sets this series apart from the rest. But obviously the studio sounds more cinematic. Thinking about getting these over Cinematic Studio series so I can mockup concept band music too.
I actually wanted to give Studio a deeper try, but I ran into one thing which made the Studio IRs less useful for my personal preference - the close mic isn't panned to match the tree or ambient position, and I didn't see any way to try panning the close mic sound directly from the instrument interface. So as a result, adding close mic seemed to reduce the stereo image significantly. What I really want is to use delay panning (i.e. a small delay between L and R channels) on close mic and combine that with the other mic positions.

There's a good chance I could learn more kontakt and do this under the hood, but I'm not familiar enough with kontakt yet, I hadn't yet bothered to spend the time to figure it out.

Bersa, by the way, feels really great to my ear. A really nice middle ground between dry and wet, which gives it almost a scoring stage quality. Good for many definitions of "cinematic". I still feel that something about the stereo image is slightly blurred compared to what you might hear on a real recording, but it's still wonderful enough that I spent hours noodling with the instruments just to enjoy the Bersa tone!

I personally use Studio only because I use an external plugin to put the instruments in the panorama.

Top Bottom