What's new

Infinite Series (Aaron Venture) thread

The trumpets in IB always sounded to me like the older recordings you got. Listening to a few JW and Jerry Goldsmith scores, you had a slightly thinner, crisper trumpet. Guessing it was to do with the recording style etc but I like them nontheless. I think the vibrato in 1.5 is slightly more pronounced e.g. can get more of a wobble?

It has to be a Reaper thing then!! I'll try with the standalone and see, I already tried with every plugin disabled on the track. I'll find out the cause and let you know. Thank you.

I am a Reaper user myself and I also have hanging notes when I updated IW. After tinkering around some, I think I found out why. It I had some note repetitions that had overlapping note events or the note off event is too close to the next note start of the same pitch, they hang. Perhaps the humanizing is causing them to hang like that as mentioned earlier. The solution was simply to disconnect the notes some and no more note hang. However, the notes do still hang if you stop playback right after the note on events for any IW tracks. This is more of a minor annoyance for me as it renders out well.

Aaron... These runs are the best I’ve heard on a VI. Simply breathtaking. Thank you sir!

Last edited:
I am a Reaper user myself and I also have hanging notes when I updated IW. After tinkering around some, I think I found out why. It I had some note repetitions that had overlapping note events or the note off event is too close to the next note start of the same pitch. Perhaps the humanizing is causing them to hang like that. The solution was simply to disconnect the notes some and no more note hang. However, the notes do still hang if you stop playback Right after the note on events for any IW tracks. This is more of a minor annoyance for me.

Aaron... These runs are the best I’ve heard on a VI. Simply breathtaking. Thank you sir!

Thank you, makes sense, so is it a Reaper fault or IW fault? Aaron has Reaper too.

Just played a bit with the IW 2.0 and I like it a lot! Overall positive changes, altough I have to agree on the sound of the Oboe, which sounds a bit thin to my ears too, especially in the lower register.

But what surpises me most is the sound of the Saxophones: really a thin sound, almost synthetic and no option anymore to change the character of the sound like it was possible in IW 1.1.... This is a strange decision IMO. Do I miss something?

Just played a bit with the IW 2.0 and I like it a lot! Overall positive changes, altough I have to agree on the sound of the Oboe, which sounds a bit thin to my ears too, especially in the lower register.

But what surpises me most is the sound of the Saxophones: really a thin sound, almost synthetic and no option anymore to change the character of the sound like it was possible in IW 1.1.... This is a strange decision IMO. Do I miss something?
Oooh yes actually, I agree, having just tried the saxes A/Bing between 1.1 and 2.0, 2.0 seem thinner, less organic, out of the box at least; a change in the opposite direction from most of the library.

EDIT: And looking at a frequency spectrum of the two side by side, it does look as though a lot of lower frequency content has been substantially attenuated in 2.0.

Last edited:
I did the same as you did and there is a significant difference in tone, plus that you can't change the initial character of the instrument anymore.
Thinking about the massive amount of time Aaron Ventue must have put into developing version 2.0, one wouldn't expect such a stepback in sound for the saxes, at least to my taste it is a stepback. On the other hand, he must have heard this difference too after all the testing he has done and published it as it is, so probably this is how he wants it to be.

I did the same as you did and there is a significant difference in tone, plus that you can't change the initial character of the instrument anymore.
Thinking about the massive amount of time Aaron Ventue must have put into developing version 2.0, one wouldn't expect such a stepback in sound for the saxes, at least to my taste it is a stepback. On the other hand, he must have heard this difference too after all the testing he has done and published it as it is, so probably it is how he wants it to be.
Yeah, to be honest I don't trust my level of familiarity with any of these instruments to be a good judge of realism, but purely subjectively I think I prefer the 1.1 sax sound too.

Last edited:
On the other hand, he must have heard this difference too after all the testing he has done and published it as it is, so probably this is how he wants it to be.
or it could be ear fatigue. It's an insane amount of efforts and instruments that have been re-done. even the best ears can get lost in all this chaos.

Now to wait for the Infinite Strings so I can have the string runs of my dreams!

Impatience aside, my gratitude to Aaron for the incredible quality of the VIs and the work he puts into them.

The strings will be monumental in terms of effort, I can only imagine how much work he has to do for strings.

I've seen the early criticisms of the new woodwinds. Guys, after dropping both updates into that old demo I made with the "wild" writing, I don't share any of those criticisms (though to be fair I haven't used the new saxes yet). For the first time, all brass and woodwinds are Infinite. Practically out of the box. I didn't need anything else.

This demo should show off Infinite's tone, about 80% of its writing capabilities, and about 60% of its instruments All standard orchestral instruments are covered except the piccolo and contrabassoon. Maybe I'll work them into a future version of this demo.

When it's done I hope it can be a comprehensive and extensive look at the library's capabilites, all within about 5 minutes of music. It's still a WIP, but after about 5 hours of work yesterday, I think it's still listenable.

Strings & Percussion:
- Hollywood Strings
- Hollywood Percussion
- Hollywood Solo Harp

Brass (Infinite Brass 1.5):

4 Trumpets
6 French Horns
3 Tenor Trombones
1 Bass Trombone
2 Euphoniums
1 Tuba

Woodwinds (Infinite Woodwinds 2.0):