What's new

Infinite Series (Aaron Venture) thread

That Rite of Spring demo absolutely blew my mind. Unparalled dexterity. That level of lightness and fluidity is something I've never been able to hear, or capture, with Virtual Instruments. I'm tempted to hear (or attempt) a mockup of Mercury with this update.

I'll concede, I think the Debussy and Tchaikovsky demos still sounded a bit artificial--but to my ears that was more the performance than the instruments themselves.

I've been waiting for a couple months to pull the trigger. But with these new updates, I am absolutely purchasing the bundle when I get my next paycheck!

Last edited:
Massive improvement in all instruments. Especially the woodwinds.
I would dare to say that anyone can confidently retire a lot of sample libraries after adding Infinite Series to the template.
My only observation is about the horns. I am getting intonation problems with all horn of other libraries.
Have someone else noticed it?

As others have said before: This update is simply amazing!
I was very excited to see that soprano saxophones were added – now for the first time I own a full saxophone quartet!
I couldn't wait to try it out with this old sketch I had lying around. What can I say... I'm always surprised anew by how agile everything is.

Attachments

• IW Saxophone Quartet Sketch.mp3
    1.7 MB · Views: 255
I just had a play through IW 2.0. Outstanding work by Aaron!! The tone is so much thicker and the noise blends in to the instruments so naturally. I did a little a/b with 1.1 and it's safe to say the improvements are no small thing. Ensembles sound more realistic as do all the legato transitions. My confidence in the Infinite series continues to grow and I have every intention of picking up IB and IS when I can.

I. Am. Excited.

As others have said before: This update is simply amazing!
I was very excited to see that soprano saxophones were added – now for the first time I own a full saxophone quartet!
I couldn't wait to try it out with this old sketch I had lying around. What can I say... I'm always surprised anew by how agile everything is.
I liked this piece a lot... so joyful! but the instruments, not so much. Is this a sax quartet (as labeled)? or are these mixed with some kind of synth

What's the dryest signal you can get out of it? Is it the close mic in the studio room? Or is it possible to get a signal with no convolution at all?

I'm not asking because I don't like the rooms. But sometimes it's interesting to try own settings.

Massive improvement in all instruments. Especially the woodwinds.
I would dare to say that anyone can confidently retire a lot of sample libraries after adding Infinite Series to the template.
My only observation is about the horns. I am getting intonation problems with all horn of other libraries.
Have someone else noticed it?

I haven't checked but will check tonight. Have you got any examples you can post? Will try to replicate tonight.

Didnt try it but if you turn off all the convolution and use the close mics youll probably end up with something ala sample modelling.

I quickly tried the flute and the brass and first impression is that is even more playable than before. Attacks a bit more under control, improved legato..This is the real deal!

Would it be fair to say that, of this fabulous smörgåsbord of wind, one weaker point is the oboe?

I think I've noticed it's one of few instruments not being singled out for praise much; and, to my non-expert ears, it sounds somewhat thinner and blander compared with the robust organic character of the other IW2.0 instruments and IB1.5.

I'd be curious to know what more experienced listeners think of the oboes.

Would it be fair to say that, of this fabulous smörgåsbord of wind, one weaker point is the oboe?

I think I've noticed it's one of few instruments not being singled out for praise much; and, to my non-expert ears, it sounds somewhat thinner and blander compared with the robust organic character of the other IW2.0 instruments and IB1.5.

I'd be curious to know what more experienced listeners think of the oboes.

I think, of the woodwinds, the weak points are still the flutes, especially the extended flute family, and the oboes, including that bass oboe....

Overall though, I think I now prefer the woodwinds to the brass. Like I said before, curious where things go from here.

I'm still lurking here, trying to make my mind up. ATM it's either Berlin Percussion, or AV wind and brass.
I've just listened to the Malcom Arnold trumpet demo and that might well do the trick. I can't think of another sample set that can pull of with such verve, that brilliant piece. Finger on trigger, it's getting tense.
edit, I must agree with @Mike T above about the flutes, the Tchaikovsky just lacked a little sparkle for me.
EDIT 2...I'm back on board with the flute having just heard @Sean J and the Harry Potter example in the woodwind thread.

EDIT 3 - I don't know what to buy...aaaaaarrrgghhh

Last edited:
I'm still lurking here, trying to make my mind up. ATM it's either Berlin Percussion, or AV wind and brass.
I've just listened to the Malcom Arnold trumpet demo and that might well do the trick. I can't think of another sample set that can pull of with such verve, that brilliant piece. Finger on trigger, it's getting tense.
edit, I must agree with @Mike T above about the flutes, the Tchaikovsky just lacked a little sparkle for me.
EDIT 2...I'm back on board with the flute having just heard @Sean J and the Harry Potter example in the woodwind thread.

Percussion? pfffft!!!!

Just do it!

Top Bottom