What's new

Infinite Series (Aaron Venture) thread

You can blame it on my "Spanglish". I'm sure it's prone to be misread :grin:

It would indeed be a nice piece to mock up with IB/IW, but I just brought up that serenade because of its bizarre happy birthday quotations, being that song probably one of the best examples of legal nonsense in the history of music.

Me and my money are just waiting for the legal stuff to be cleared. But what to do? Law and music have always been a bit like Tweety and Sylvester, so we all know the show.

Ignorant as I am about legal issues in VI development, in my imagination what's going on is that Aaron is fending off a lawsuit from a mathematician about the nature of infinity. :)

[EDIT: many apologies for the frivolous bump]

Maybe, or maybe it is something inherent NI and their policy. They have to check if it is a true update or a virus, then they has to check if the update worth it or not by composing 10 tracks at least.
Then they has to check if John Williams approves the library. Then if we are all good people by sending someone to ask to everyone of us some questions (how we use the library etc...).

Then maybe it could be ready for release.

They must work harder! :mad::grin:
As a rule, my sympathies lie with a gradualist transition to a stateless lawless society in which we all freely share the fruits of our labour and take what we need and want from the collective product, a society in which people like lawyers would be able to find more rewarding work that satisfies them and is useful to us all; but waiting for this library is sharpening my more revolutionary instincts.

I've spent this evening looking into the infinite libraries and I've got to say @aaronventure, whoever's writing the code for these is insane, they look amazing!

So what's the general consensus in their current state? Suitable for this / not suitable for that, that kind of thing? Also, I know it's probably been discussed 100 times already, but are there strings coming?

I've spent this evening looking into the infinite libraries and I've got to say @aaronventure, whoever's writing the code for these is insane, they look amazing!

So what's the general consensus in their current state? Suitable for this / not suitable for that, that kind of thing? Also, I know it's probably been discussed 100 times already, but are there strings coming?

The strings are coming but we don't know when exactly. Aaron will bring them to us once the library is ready.

About the IB update is the same thing, as I previously mentioned once the legal issue is solved he will launch the update.

We all hope it will be soon.

If I understand correctly the other question I think this libraries are suitable for almost everything you want to do because the performance depends on you and not on how the samples are recorded.

I'm pretty excited for 2020 in general, I think (and I hope) I will have many good libraries of this kind at the end of this year.

@DANIELE Thanks! What's the legal issue?

So all instruments handle all dynamic levels well? No weak spots apart from the flutes (which seem to have been fixed)?

I'm sick to death of keyswitches so I'm ready to make the leap. I stayed away from musical sampling due to the logic issues they seem to have, as well as the lack of woods, so this has me excited :)

whoever's writing the code for these is insane, they look amazing!
Thanks!

What's the legal issue
I won't confirm or deny anything, but it'll be obvious once the update is out and you see the videos/webpage.

So all instruments handle all dynamic levels well? No weak spots apart from the flutes?
This will be the most obvious improvement apart from the sound with the new brass update.

As for the Woodwinds, the flutes will be undergoing a full rework, and I'll have a look at English horn's mp and below. The feedback so far is that it's not quite nasal and I agree. Might have to re-record it. I'll also be taking a look at saxes, upper range of the bassoons and making glissandi in clarinets is easier to use.

Woodwinds are what they are right now, I try to be transparent in the demos (no processing beyond a touch of tape and soft compression on solos). I'm already working on the next IW update along with strings while waiting for the go-ahead for the Brass update.

So all instruments handle all dynamic levels well? No weak spots apart from the flutes (which seem to have been fixed)?

I'm sick to death of keyswitches so I'm ready to make the leap. I stayed away from musical sampling due to the logic issues they seem to have, as well as the lack of woods, so this has me excited :)

Aaron already answered you pretty well. I could also add some advice, and this is DO THE LEAP!! DO IT!! 😱

You won't regret it! I'm serious! This libraries are a lot of fun, A LOT!

Seriously good libraries!

"The room is generated in real-time through convolution using bespoke impulse responses unique to each position and room, so the ambience is always 100% reflecting the performance."

Room is always as important as the instrument for a beautiful sound (and in the VI world this might be even more relevant when it comes to instruments that rely on some sort of synthesis or sample modelling wizardry). Maybe something related to those bespoke IRs is involved in this legal issue.

Top Bottom