What's new

Infinite Series (Aaron Venture) thread

very nice! I cannot wait for IW 1.4! they're so much fun to play!

My biggest wish is that the bassoons, english horn, saxes, and especially flutes get a good overhaul. I would love to be able to finally have believable flute runs without having to dip back into Hollywood Orchestra

@Batrawi I have managed to still be sitting on my hands.

NI Stradivari: nope
Tableau strings: nope
Other OT cello thingy: nope
8dio Deep Solo Violin: nope
Spitfire whatever it may be called: nope

First (and likely last) string library is going to be Infinite Strings!

(I did buy the new Westwood ALT Piano which is lovely, but Infinite Piano has not been announced (yet) plus I had earned a reward for being such a good boy right?)

Sure. This is the mix. You can get more room if you want, boosting that last fader (spot fader is muted).

1594299260489.png

I am sure the demos on the website would be the thing to listen to then.

It took a bit more than an hour to do these 4 instruments and that included a bunch of midi message cleaning from the MIDI file, setting the instruments, etc. Have in mind it was the first time i worked on something complex with this WWs so i wasnt particularly fast.
Its a pity i havent Berlin WWs here to run this same test although i can see the process being quite more frustrating with that library :)

This is an intriguing demo. I still have my reservations about these two libraries, but I'm just as eager as anyone else to see what updates will bring.

(I did buy the new Westwood ALT Piano which is lovely, but Infinite Piano has not been announced (yet) plus I had earned a reward for being such a good boy right?)

I actually feel quite happy about the state of things. For me, I want a virtual orchestra where a relatively cheap computer with little hard drive space and little RAM can be my orchestra.

One of the reasons I love these instruments (and sample modeling). I can basically get a 256gb hard drive and shove all my orchestra on there. And my computer doesn't need to be amazing to run all of it. To think that's where technology is these days. Amazing.

yep let's keep it up my friend! Even though I have to admit the itch is now killing me! Not that I'm going to buy another string library, but I was never in my life so excited about an anticipated string library as I am now, which makes me feel weak...
I wish Aaron could just release a quartet (he must have now 4 instruments ready out of those 60 pieces or so that he's recording) as something that can keep us patient and that we can upgrade from to the full library once ready:grin:

One more. IB on the olympic fanfare by JW.

This time i set myself a 10m timer to work, when i had the midi file cleaned. (ok i might have worked a couple more minutes...)

I´d say its pretty good for that time! -only did trpts, horns and trbs -

Have a nice weekedn y´all!

Attachments

• JW_IB.mp3
    1,000 KB · Views: 203
Hot damn.

I think I'm almost as excited for Winds 1.2 as for the Strings.

I'm more excited about the winds personally. Strings libraries are a dime a dozen but good woodwinds libraries are a dime a dozen. So many have fatal flawss Like who at Spitfire thought it was a good idea to omit the English Horn?!

Once the tone is where it could be, I reckon we'll have the best woodwinds library on the market.

As for the strings..I wonder what will be the approach? How much is Aaron going to split the sections? Solo, divisi, ensemble?

My computer wont be a le to handle 16 first violins in a kontakt instance, for sure :grin:

As for the strings..I wonder what will be the approach? How much is Aaron going to split the sections? Solo, divisi, ensemble?

My computer wont be a le to handle 16 first violins in a kontakt instance, for sure :grin:

I've gotten a lot of info from him about the strings publicly as well as some privately. He's said there will be soloists, ensemble patches, and extra surprises (which I won't mention here in case his plans have changed 😉). He's said the ensemble patches will be made up of solo instruments, but they will be ensemble *patches*, so I would assume you won't have to load those 16 instances of Kontakt for a symphonic 1st-violins section.

My guess is that he'll use some variation of the humanization functionality he added to Infinite Brass 1.4, but with more dramatic variation between instruments and combined into one patch.

If this mesns he'll use mixdowns of the individual violins to create a single ensemble nki patch then I am down for it too. I am sure they'll sound fantastic :)

If that's the approach to go, I cant help to question why he didn't provide ensemble patches for the wws and brass too. Perhaps in another update? Hah

Top Bottom