What's new

Infinite Series (Aaron Venture) thread

Wow, amazing! And that looks like it's the raw performance. Hats off.

A quick tip: you might wanna turn off the humanization if you're gonna play trumpets individually, otherwise your runs can get all messed up if they're very fast and the notes are short (in that case you either play low velocity, extend the notes as much as you can so that humanization offset doesn't miss legato, or play each one individually).

I love this a lot! I hope you don't mind, I've added a bit of vibrato to the trumpets and made sure the humanization is off for them. I added a soft compressor on each bus, then slapped some tape on top. Here it is in each room, with more ambient mics rather than close.

I'm glad you like it! To be honest, the performance is not completely raw. I did some editing – mainly velocities and CC1 because I didn't have my good midi keyboard connected, just a cheap miniature one with very poor velocity response and a tiny tiny mod wheel. Plus I'm not an amazing keyboard player so I always edit at least a bit.

Thanks for the tip to turn down humanizing! I had one or the other odd note sometimes when playing back fast runs, and this explains it.

Last edited:
At the risk of making a fool of myself after that demo, here's a couple snippets of WIP projects that make use of Infinite Brass and Winds! :)

I ask that you all excuse some sloppy MIDI, mixing, and composition.

Demo 1 is the one with wild writing I mentioned earlier. It uses Hollywood Strings. For the sake of showcase, all brass have been changed to Infinite Brass even where it might not have worked as well the original parts written with Hollywood Brass.

Demo 2 shows how Infinite might handle slower, more melodic music. It uses Cinematic Studio Strings (which I'm new to, so again, excuse the rather amateur sound).

For both demos, all brass is Infinite, and all woodwinds is Infinite except flutes.

These are superb. Is Demo 1 your own composition?

Because lets all take a moment to appreciate the superb writing here! Congratulations man. Hope you can have it performed live one day!

At the risk of making a fool of myself after that demo, here's a couple snippets of WIP projects that make use of Infinite Brass and Winds! :)

Demo 1 is the one with wild writing I mentioned earlier. It uses Hollywood Strings. For the sake of showcase, all brass have been changed to Infinite Brass even where it might not have worked as well the original parts written with Hollywood Brass.

Demo 2 shows how Infinite might handle slower, more melodic music. It uses Cinematic Studio Strings (which I'm new to, so again, excuse the rather amateur sound).

For both demos, all brass is Infinite, and all woodwinds is Infinite except flutes.

Love demo 1. great stuff!

This is just to say: I REALLY liked your demos and appreciate you posting them here. Thanks @El Buhdai !

Hi,

Herewith a demo made the brass 1.4. I wrote this piece originally years ago for 2 guitars (which is my main instrument) as a part of 4 Dances 4 2.
It was based on the concept of an Italian fanfare practising in the bloody summer heat, I called this piece 'Fellini, Bellini'.

I arranged this 'back' to a piece for 2 trumpets, horn, trombone and tuba. Unfortunately I didn't succeed with all brass libraries on my HD to make a convincing mockup. This time with the 1.4 IB version I felt so inspired after a few minutes, that I decided to do the whole mockup again.

So, here we go, please do know: I am not a brass player myself, plus: all dissonant notes are intentional likewise the somewhat fluctating tempo. Were they maybe drunk these players? Maybe, but quite in tune however.

Hope to have done justice to this wonderful product of Aaron. Cheers!

Attachments

• FelliniBellini.mp3
    5.6 MB · Views: 323

Can you try something HTTYD ish or Zimmerish?

These are superb. Is Demo 1 your own composition?

Because lets all take a moment to appreciate the superb writing here! Congratulations man. Hope you can have it performed live one day!

Yes, it's original. It's a somewhat modified version of my first composition. I stopped working on it a few years ago because some composer crapped all over it but I came back to it recently right before 1.4 to add Infinite woodwinds to it. You can imagine how weird it is seeing folks on VIC giving it high praise given the reason I quit it. Thank you all!

Yes, it's original. It's a somewhat modified version of my first composition. I stopped working on it a few years ago because some composer crapped all over it, so you can imagine how weird it is seeing folks on VIC giving it high praise. Thank you all!
Someone capped on it? On here? Tell me their name please and I'll sort them out.

Can you try something HTTYD ish or Zimmerish?

I must confess, I don't listen to enough Zimmer to know how to make music in his style.

Someone capped on it? On here? Tell me their name please and I'll sort them out.

Haha, it was just some composer I made the mistake of listening to when I was new. More than anything he (unintentionally) taught me to be very careful who I take feedback from.

Demo 1 especially is making me more excited than ever (shouldn't be possible) for the brass. Such natural, swaggeringly wild playing. Just amazing that such a thing is possible.

Demo 1 especially is making me more excited than ever (shouldn't be possible) for the brass. Such natural, swaggeringly wild playing. Just amazing that such a thing is possible.

This has been the case since the birth of Infinite, and what excites me so much is that the tone has finally caught up to the playability and agility with 1.4. It's still not 1-to-1 with traditional libraries and I'm sure Aaron is aware of that, but it's so close that the difference at this point doesn't even matter because these libraries make composing fun again, and the tone is better than ever! I'm sure folks can hear the fun I was having through that demo. I added a lot more crazy trumpet writing in this piece but ultimately left some of it out because it just didn't fit the composition.

So... the flute...

Yeah yeah, brass, I know. Fine. But... the flute. It's better than I realized.

It's been the only instrument I didn't initially care for. Yes, it needs more of Aaron's wizardry. But I've been discovering Infinite and tweaking the flute. It's not quite as tone-versatile as it needs to be (I wouldn't do Rey's theme with it). I was wrong about the noise with vibrato. It's obviously there. Maybe there's AHDSR tweaks needed, noise tweaks, tone, all the above, or Aaron just has to wave a wand. Either way, here's the Infinite Flute doing Harry Potter. I didn't touch the modwheel, just lowered velocities on low notes and some beat emphasis overall. Then all I did to fine-tune was only related to matching the recording. I accented a few key high notes and shortened some notes on specific phrases per the way the flutist did in the HP album.

It still certainly speaks to how versatile even the flute is as a VI. I'd still gladly compose with it. If I needed to show-off the flutes on slow phrases, then I'd swap it out until Aaron puts out the woodwind update in coming months (or whenever). For now, I still find it very useful. I've been caught up with life for the past couple days... worst... timing... ever. I'd rather write a proper demo than just a snippet of brass. So I'll add something here, but not right away. I'd rather it be a solid piece of music to enjoy to highlight the library better. Also, I got the midi file from someone else. I've heard wrong notes in it, so it's not a perfect JW transcription. The first half is more accurate and I just didn't want to take more time for the flute right now. It's brass time! ;) Just a heads up in case you noticed.

Aaron, I love the tuba. I upped the close mic for my taste (for attack, not positioning) and wow. I'm in heaven. It's a real treat! Thank you!

Last edited:
If Aaron gives the flutes and english horn the same dramatic rework he gave our trumpets, and improves the bassoons, Infinite Brass and Woodwinds will be even more dangerous than they already are. Just imagine!

I'm pretty happy with the double reeds overall, but there's always room to improve. Brass 1.4 really makes me think anything is possible if figured out. I've still EQ'd the instruments, but only subtle tweaks at this point, very much per taste. Finishing these libraries will help boost him, sure. But once he has a solid string offering and great demos, I'm sure everyone will wonder what hit them. Aaron's efforts are the music industry's curve ball... about to get served.

So... the flute...

Yeah yeah, brass, I know. Fine. But... the flute. It's better than I realized.

It's been the only instrument I didn't initially care for. Yes, it needs more of Aaron's wizardry. But I've been discovering Infinite and tweaking the flute. It's not quite as tone-versatile as it needs to be (I wouldn't do Rey's theme with it). I was wrong about the noise with vibrato. It's obviously there. Maybe there's AHDSR tweaks needed, noise tweaks, tone, all the above, or Aaron just has to wave a wand. Either way, here's the Infinite Flute doing Harry Potter. I didn't touch the modwheel, just lowered velocities on low notes and some beat emphasis overall. Then all I did to fine-tune was only related to matching the recording. I accented a few key high notes and shortened some notes on specific phrases per the way the flutist did in the HP album.

It still certainly speaks to how versatile even the flute is as a VI. I'd still gladly compose with it. If I needed to show-off the flutes on slow phrases, then I'd swap it out until Aaron puts out the woodwind update in coming months (or whenever). For now, I still find it very useful. I've been caught up with life for the past couple days... worst... timing... ever. I'd rather write a proper demo than just a snippet of brass. So I'll add something here, but not right away. I'd rather it be a solid piece of music to enjoy to highlight the library better. Also, I got the midi file from someone else. I've heard wrong notes in it, so it's not a perfect JW transcription. The first half is more accurate and I just didn't want to take more time for the flute right now. It's brass time! ;) Just a heads up in case you noticed.

Aaron, I love the tuba. I upped the close mic for my taste (for attack, not positioning) and wow. I'm in heaven. It's a real treat! Thank you!

The euphonia is deadly too, just nasty.

I'm pretty happy with the double reeds overall, but there's always room to improve. Brass 1.4 really makes me think anything is possible if figured out. I've still EQ'd the instruments, but only subtle tweaks at this point, very much per taste. Finishing these libraries will help boost him, sure. But once he has a solid string offering and great demos, I'm sure everyone will wonder what hit them. Aaron's efforts are the music industry's curve ball... about to get served.

As you've demonstrated, all of the Infinite instruments sound good when given very active parts to play. It's the slower moments where some of the tone issues start to shine through on the instruments I mentioned. That's mostly in Infinite Woodwinds now though as 1.4 has fixed the overwhelming majority of my gripes with Infinite Brass.

Last edited:
Top Bottom