What's new

Infinite Series (Aaron Venture) thread

I’m looking for some exposed French horn solo lines. Any user demos? (Preferably with 1.6 in case there were any improvements.)

Got anything in particular in mind? Preferably something with MIDI so only minimal tweaking is involved. :)
Twist my arm. ;)

Well, since you asked, I guess the first thing I'd throw at it would be this, and compare / contrast with the results from Majestic Horn.

Minimal tweaking.

First pass is the "default" Legato patch as soon as you load it up. The 2nd pass enables some more mics, round robins, convolution and "Longer".

Attachments

• Star Wars French Horn.midi
    2.7 KB · Views: 34
Love my Samplemodeling S&ES but I got a great deal on a second hand license for Synchron Strings Pro. I am happy with how IB and IWW blend with the Synchron stage when using the Bersa hall. This was my first play with SSP so I unfortunately only used some tutti presets. IB & IWW were fun in this context.

Attachments

• Grand Camel Caravan.mp3
    985.6 KB
Twist my arm. ;)

Well, since you asked, I guess the first thing I'd throw at it would be this, and compare / contrast with the results from Majestic Horn.

Minimal tweaking.

First pass is the "default" Legato patch as soon as you load it up. The 2nd pass enables some more mics, round robins, convolution and "Longer".

Here's a quick and dirty edit (MP3 and MIDI). Had to add some modulation data so it didn't sound too flat. I did add a little touch of vibrato in a few spots too (CC21) for fun. :)

All three examples are Horn 1 default settings, no changing of seating positions or mic levels.

View attachment Star Wars French Horn - IB 1.6.mp3

#1 Mozarteum (RT 1.5)
#2 Bersa Hall (RT 0.9)
#3 Studio RT (0.5)

@aaronventure does a better job on this line than me in his 1.4 Brass walkthrough (4:56)

Attachments

• Star Wars French Horn 1 AV IB 1.6.mid
    11.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Twist my arm. ;)

Minimal tweaking.

EDIT: Too late... ;)
I found the Soloist position especially intriguing for this kind of work, so I chose that. (My MIDI massageing could also use a bit more work, I guess...)
File A – Solo position, Mics out of the box, Mozarteum
View attachment IB1.6-Force-A.mp3
File B – Solo position, Mixed mic 4, Bersa
View attachment IB1.6-Force-B.mp3

Here's a quick and dirty edit (MP3 and MIDI). Had to add some modulation data so it didn't sound too flat. I did add a little touch of vibrato in a few spots too (CC21) for fun. :)

All three examples are Horn 1 default settings, no changing of seating positions or mic levels.

#1 Mozarteum (RT 1.5)
#2 Bersa Hall (RT 0.9)
#3 Studio RT (0.5)
Cool idea with the vibrato! It adds to the realism, sounding almost like that slightly quivered breath flow which brass players sometimes encounter. :)

Twist my arm. ;)

Minimal tweaking.

I'm never gonna say no to this theme :)

MIDI attached. Obviously, direct MIDI from your instrument doesn't work with Infinite, so you'll find different CC1 and Vibrato (CC20/21). Notes and timing are the same.

Attachments

• Star Wars The Force Theme IB 1.6.mid
    28.9 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Wow so interesting to hear how each sounds different. I think I'm beginning to catch on to the "infinite" side of things.
Amazing how you can have three different people do the exact same part with the same library and it comes out in three distinctive flavors. These libraries are the End Game for me. :)
Yes agreed.

I'm never gonna say no to this theme :)

MIDI attached. Obviously, direct MIDI from your instrument doesn't work with Infinite, so you'll find different CC1 and Vibrato (CC20/21). Notes and timing are the same.

Thank you for doing this! I'm more than intrigued now.

EDIT: Too late... ;)
I found the Soloist position especially intriguing for this kind of work, so I chose that. (My MIDI massageing could also use a bit more work, I guess...)
File A – Solo position, Mics out of the box, Mozarteum
View attachment IB1.6-Force-A.mp3
File B – Solo position, Mixed mic 4, Bersa
View attachment IB1.6-Force-B.mp3

Cool idea with the vibrato! It adds to the realism, sounding almost like that slightly quivered breath flow which brass players sometimes encounter. :)
Aaron is our master but yours is darn cool too. I like the dark bassy sound you went with. Just shows how flexible IB can be. I only miss some subtle progressive vibrato here and there to add even more expression... like a real player would do :thumbsup: (careful to not over do it, you don't want to sound like a synth XD)

Still doing some Synchron SSP / Infinite blending tests. Ha! There's some IWW Contra Bassoon under the Basses. This is a quick test, so not a lot of attention for the "orchestration". Sounds like a 1950's SciFi track.
Getting better and better... you will soon master the arts of the Infinite :thumbsup:

Alright, alright... You've won. I submit. I've joined the cult.

I've been playing with these instruments for all of about 45 minutes and I've realized two things:

1. I wish I would have started with AV instead of "wasting" money elsewhere.
2. I hate my MIDI keyboard. It is not even close to sufficient for me to articulate what I'm trying to play properly. It's not a problem with these instruments, it's definitely my keyboard. Gah. The classic "fixing the lightbulb".

Really, though. As a classically trained performance musician (I'm a cellist but have also picked up guitar and piano), I don't know how else to put it than that the Infinite instruments just "make sense".
If you understand the basic mechanics of how playing something on one of these instruments would actually need to be done, and you're comfortable in front of a keyboard, your hands will do the right thing for you (most of the time) without a second thought. I'm still getting used to blipping my mod up high when I want an sFzp horn blare.

This is one of the first libraries that I'm actually really eager to set up my aftertouch to do something. Having growl on hooked to after touch for low brass might be fantastic. I understand the hype with breath controllers and such with this library more than any other that I own because I can feel the granular impact of CC changes much more readily here than I can with anything else.

Now, back to "real" work until I can play with these toys again later today.

Top Bottom