What's new

Infinite Series (Aaron Venture) thread

I'm trying to budget for the release of Infinite Strings. I've got the Infinite Wind Ensemble bundle. How much will it cost to crossgrade to the "Infinite Orchestra" bundle (brass + woodwinds + strings)? I think I've seen it somewhere, but I can't find it. Does anyone know? @aaronventure , do you have a price already mapped out for us?

I'm trying to budget for the release of Infinite Strings. I've got the Infinite Wind Ensemble bundle. How much will it cost to crossgrade to the "Infinite Orchestra" bundle (brass + woodwinds + strings)? I think I've seen it somewhere, but I can't find it. Does anyone know? @aaronventure , do you have a price already mapped out for us?
I vaguely remember Aaron saying earlier in this thread if you have any of his previous products, you can get the strings for $299

So I downloaded the VSL free Big bang Orchestra last night and did a very quick play. Tutti patches aren't the best thing to write with. I was curious how IB would blend with the Synchron hall sound. Second pass adds IB trumpets, horns & bones. Bersa Hall seems pretty close...

Attachments

• Will It Blend_.mp3
    1.5 MB
So I downloaded the VSL free Big bang Orchestra last night and did a very quick play. Tutti patches aren't the best thing to write with. I was curious how IB would blend with the Synchron hall sound. Second pass adds IB trumpets, horns & bones. Bersa Hall seems pretty close...
Sounds like it will blend nicely with Synchron hall.

User demos and all the words in this thread are beginning to win me over on the brass. I appreciated the flexibility and agility before, but something seemed off about the tone. Less so in the more recent examples. That or I’m simply getting converted (indoctrinated?).
The tone is improved massively. The short notes you can play now are more realistic. I use Bersa Hall now because it has a sort of scoring stage sound to it. Add on to that the new clarity of the trumpets. You can get that super sharp sound in brass swells or stabs. This is by far one of my most satisfying purchases so far.

User demos and all the words in this thread are beginning to win me over on the brass. I appreciated the flexibility and agility before, but something seemed off about the tone. Less so in the more recent examples. That or I’m simply getting converted (indoctrinated?).
I initially thought some of the new instruments simply sounded different rather than better, but after some A/B comparisons, I've noticed that synthiness is at an all-time low (particularly on sustained notes), clarity is at an all-time high, instruments sound more rounded/full rather than tinny/thin (by comparison), and player precision and legato are much improved. It's not in your imagination. Infinite Brass is slowly closing in on traditional libraries in tone. I'm finding less and less to criticize with each iteration.

You will love Infinite Brass. I can say that with nearly absolute confidence.

I initially thought some of the new instruments simply sounded different rather than better, but after some A/B comparisons, I've noticed that synthiness is at an all-time low (particularly on sustained notes), clarity is at an all-time high, instruments sound more rounded/full rather than tinny/thin (by comparison), and player precision and legato are much improved. It's not in your imagination. Infinite Brass is slowly closing in on traditional libraries in tone. I'm finding less and less to criticize with each iteration.

You will love Infinite Brass. I can say that with nearly absolute confidence.
I don't think you would be disappointed by Infinite Brass
The tone is improved massively. The short notes you can play now are more realistic. I use Bersa Hall now because it has a sort of scoring stage sound to it. Add on to that the new clarity of the trumpets. You can get that super sharp sound in brass swells or stabs. This is by far one of my most satisfying purchases so far.
wow, wow and wow ... ok thanks everyone!! :)

@Soundbed bear in mind I’m a clueless nitwit with a brass addiction who just got into this sample Library scene a year ago.

After acquiring all of the brass/all-in-one libraries below, all I use them for any more is if I want a reference EQ curve to tone shape Infinite Brass. After the 1.6 update, I don’t even feel the need to do that any more. I don’t even think I’m going to waste money on Cinebrass or JXL Brass now, and I was GASing pretty hard for them pre-1.6.

Audio Imperia Nucleus/Jaeger/Talos
Spitfire BBCSO/AROOF
East West Hollywood Brass Gold and Diamond
Cinematic Studio Brass (with Project Colossal)
Performance Samples Caspian/Angry Brass
8dio Century Brass bundle and Majestica
Adventure Brass
Heavyocity Forzo

Just purchased & installed the brass & winds - wow! Only 1 concern, which is there is an incredibly long delay (way more than the 30ms mentioned in the docs) on the brass legatos. It feels more like a few hundred ms. Is this normal? I don't get this on the woodwinds

Just purchased & installed the brass & winds - wow! Only 1 concern, which is there is an incredibly long delay (way more than the 30ms mentioned in the docs) on the brass legatos. It feels more like a few hundred ms. Is this normal? I don't get this on the woodwinds
Might help to RTFM first - brass legato things appears to be triggered by velocity.

@Soundbed bear in mind I’m a clueless nitwit with a brass addiction who just got into this sample Library scene a year ago.

After acquiring all of the brass/all-in-one libraries below, all I use them for any more is if I want a reference EQ curve to tone shape Infinite Brass. After the 1.6 update, I don’t even feel the need to do that any more. I don’t even think I’m going to waste money on Cinebrass or JXL Brass now, and I was GASing pretty hard for them pre-1.6.

Audio Imperia Nucleus/Jaeger/Talos
Spitfire BBCSO/AROOF
East West Hollywood Brass Gold and Diamond
Cinematic Studio Brass (with Project Colossal)
Performance Samples Caspian/Angry Brass
8dio Century Brass bundle and Majestica
Adventure Brass
Heavyocity Forzo
I got into it a year ago and went a bit crazy and bought lots. I don’t mind though, it got me through lockdown. I have avoided buying Infinite Brass and Woodwind due to having quite a few libraries, but it is very tempting.

The other aspect that stops me is that I have gone back to basics and I am learning more about composition just using a piano or with Staffpad.

It is on my list, though I imagine I will wait for the strings to come out before going for it. The other option is the SWAM bundle especially when string ensembles is released, but I like the sound of this more, it is just the flexibility I like with SWAM (I use it on iOS, works great with MPE and Musikraken/LEAP controller).

This appears to be the result of the new, more dynamic legato from the 1.6. update. It's not the same for the woodwinds because he hasn't ported the same legato improvements to that library yet. Ive noticed the same increase in delay. Since consistency across instruments is part of the appeal of these libraries, I have no doubt that the new, longer delay will be ported to Infinite Woodwinds in the next update, for better or for worse.

Top Bottom