What's new

Infinite Series (Aaron Venture) thread

Ziffles

It would be interesting to see the Infinite Series become a good benchmark for single computer orchestral sessions, since they're not really that hard disk dependent.

AlainTH

for sure it is good for use on laptop. Simplicity and agility and lightness are the principal good reasons for me to use it as keyboardist, the tone is not good when used as solo but it permits a good 'realism touch' when layered with synths.

Last edited:

Woodie1972

I think you're not the only one, a lot of people are very much looking forward to get a copy to complete their playable orchestra.

tritonely

I think you're not the only one, a lot of people are very much looking forward to get a copy to complete their playable orchestra.
Absolutely! Do you/anyone think we only get 1 string instrument per patch? I remember in a previous post we will get those detailed patches of Aaron Venture. Or also ensemble or per string instrument group patches? That's the only thing I find a pity about IW and IB, that if I want 4 trumpets, I have to load 4 patches (with 4 times the amount of CPU). I hope IS doesn't need to have 16 violins patches if I want a full V1 group.

tritonely

Absolutely! Do you/anyone think we only get 1 string instrument per patch? I remember in a previous post we will get those detailed patches of Aaron Venture. Or also ensemble or per string instrument group patches? That's the only thing I find a pity about IW and IB, that if I want 4 trumpets, I have to load 4 patches (with 4 times the amount of CPU). I hope IS doesn't need to have 16 violins patches if I want a full V1 group.
Or maybe I use IW and IB wrong all this time haha

Jonathan Moray

Professional Procrastinator
It's a bit more complex than that.

The way IS is said to work - keep in mind we know very little and won't know for sure until it's released - is that it will consist of single instruments. Looking at the way the Infinite Series is created, there's not really any way to sample a group of musicians (or even solo instruments in a wet room) and phase align them with satisfactory results. So even if we might get ensemble patches for IS there will still be X number of violins playing under the hood. It might help somewhat with CPU usage, but I doubt there will be a huge difference. The samples of the solo players won't be combined to create an ensemble patch, or at least, I highly doubt it because that would defeat much of the purpose of the Infinite Series.

The whole point is that each player (each instrument) has its own quirks and doesn't play perfectly with each other (i.e. timing and pitch) creating the sense of a group of players. If multiple players/instruments were combined and rendered into static ensemble patches/samples to reduce CPU load, you would lose A LOT of the sound created by that. It would be too homogeneous since all instruments would have the exact same pitch drift, vibrato, dynamics, and so on.

tritonely

Ah oke thanks Jonathan Moray, Woodie1972 and vicontrolu, then I'm looking forward to it even more! Good luck Aaron Venture!

ModalRealist

I finally pulled the trigger on Infinite Brass and Infinite Woodwinds after spending a week wrestling with dodgy release trails on Kontakt libraries, and wishing VSL libraries were fully phase-aligned...

...well, holy crap, I am in love with this thing after one afternoon. Yes, misuse it and you get a Casio keyboard. That's true of literally every VST, including all the synths!

But beyond the playability, the other thing I am really blown away by is how many different recording styles you can eke out of this thing. The following ten-minute noodle is mixed pretty much out-of-the-box. I slapped a tiny bit of tape compression on the master bus. Anything else added is noted in the track titles.

Aaron is a frickin' genius. Can't wait to add the strings and percussion in due course.

Top Bottom