What's new

Infinite Series (Aaron Venture) thread

Kenneth Malm

Personally, they already have. Strings remain to be seen. Maybe it's my ocd but I just want a clean template where the Brass and Woods can play most articulations. This allows me to do that. And I'm good with the tone.

And this stuff is easy on the template size and resources.

As far as a single choice goes, you're likelier to like it than not.

Can I ask, what kind of music do you write?
I feel the same way, I would rather have few but great libraries for each instrumentation, than a ton of different ones. The Infinity seems like a great combination of playablility, sound and price. I don't really write much yet since it's a hobby, mainly have free libraries. But I want to write film/game music and just orchestral in general. :)

I don't want to post them again, look at the previous page and you will have my answer about this.
Those tracks are amazing! I have had trouble finding anything using these instruments alone - I misread your post because I thought SMS was something you layered it with, until i realized it was the strings. :rolleyes:

DANIELE

I love to make music but I also love to make music
Those tracks are amazing! I have had trouble finding anything using these instruments alone - I misread your post because I thought SMS was something you layered it with, until i realized it was the strings.
Thank you, as I said many times I think the same way, I deleted all my other instruments from my template by keeping only these libraries the SM one and the AM ones because I can easily play all of them with a breath controller and I can also copy/paste every midi item from one instrument to another without having to mess with articulations etc...

This is why I forced myself to do the best with those libraries alone, and I still have a lot of room for improvement. :grin:

How many mockups of the Infinities Series use the studio room? The Mozarteum hall sounds nice for a concert hall sound and sets this series apart from the rest. But obviously the studio sounds more cinematic. Thinking about getting these over Cinematic Studio series so I can mockup concept band music too.

shawnsingh

How many mockups of the Infinities Series use the studio room? The Mozarteum hall sounds nice for a concert hall sound and sets this series apart from the rest. But obviously the studio sounds more cinematic. Thinking about getting these over Cinematic Studio series so I can mockup concept band music too.
I actually wanted to give Studio a deeper try, but I ran into one thing which made the Studio IRs less useful for my personal preference - the close mic isn't panned to match the tree or ambient position, and I didn't see any way to try panning the close mic sound directly from the instrument interface. So as a result, adding close mic seemed to reduce the stereo image significantly. What I really want is to use delay panning (i.e. a small delay between L and R channels) on close mic and combine that with the other mic positions.

There's a good chance I could learn more kontakt and do this under the hood, but I'm not familiar enough with kontakt yet, I hadn't yet bothered to spend the time to figure it out.

Bersa, by the way, feels really great to my ear. A really nice middle ground between dry and wet, which gives it almost a scoring stage quality. Good for many definitions of "cinematic". I still feel that something about the stereo image is slightly blurred compared to what you might hear on a real recording, but it's still wonderful enough that I spent hours noodling with the instruments just to enjoy the Bersa tone!

DANIELE

I love to make music but I also love to make music
I personally use Studio only because I use an external plugin to put the instruments in the panorama.

Woodie1972

I use Bersia combined with a large room from LXPlate, not too wet, which gives a good sound IMO. Trombone sound is better that way (mic mix 4, which gives also room sound). Well, at least to my taste it sounds good:).

Tralen

Hello,

I'm saving to buy this series (for a while now), I'm really impressed with the videos and overall concept.

How does the performance compare in relation to other modeled offerings (SWAM, Sample Modeling). I'm concerned mostly about CPU usage and latency, in particular for live performance.

Top Bottom