What's new

Infinite Series (Aaron Venture) thread

ansthenia

This update is amazinggggggg!

This is basically non-issue as it's very easy to change with a few clicks, but the default position (the ones they're already in when loaded) for Oboe 1 & Oboe 2 is exactly the same "1st Row CR 1" while Oboe 3 is "1st Row CR 2" and CR 3 isn't used. I feel like this was possibly intended to be Oboe 1 - CR 1, Oboe 2 - CR 2 and Oboe 3 - CR 3 as their default positions when loaded?

Again not a problem just something I noticed lol. The sound is such an improvement over 1.1!

Last edited:

BradHoyt

Same, having played around with the 2.0 for a little while I'm already thinking AV may have saved me the £200 for VSL's SyWW... I will have to try it out in particular contexts to be sure but I'm feeling very hopeful.

I don't *think* AV does BF sales does he? Just intro prices for new libraries and crossgrades and bundle discounts. I may be wrong.
He may have saved you £200, but it looks like he might cost me about $349... lol

Michaelt

Formerly Mike T
Finally listening to both the wind and brass demos/videos on proper speakers. I'm really glad my phone speakers weren't lying to me. These updates are great improvements on the sound. I'm very interested to hear where things will go from here.

El Buhdai

What an amazing surprise to wake up to. I see my week is gone.

In the one year I've owned these, Aaron has overhauled both of them and given 3 smaller updates in between. Unbelievable!

The value here is unparalleled on the market, and I can't wait to support any future libraries that come from this developer.

DeCaffinated

Aspiring Amateur
That Rite of Spring demo absolutely blew my mind. Unparalled dexterity. That level of lightness and fluidity is something I've never been able to hear, or capture, with Virtual Instruments. I'm tempted to hear (or attempt) a mockup of Mercury with this update.

I'll concede, I think the Debussy and Tchaikovsky demos still sounded a bit artificial--but to my ears that was more the performance than the instruments themselves.

I've been waiting for a couple months to pull the trigger. But with these new updates, I am absolutely purchasing the bundle when I get my next paycheck!

Last edited:

leogardini

Massive improvement in all instruments. Especially the woodwinds.
I would dare to say that anyone can confidently retire a lot of sample libraries after adding Infinite Series to the template.
My only observation is about the horns. I am getting intonation problems with all horn of other libraries.
Have someone else noticed it?

Dan

As others have said before: This update is simply amazing!
I was very excited to see that soprano saxophones were added – now for the first time I own a full saxophone quartet!
I couldn't wait to try it out with this old sketch I had lying around. What can I say... I'm always surprised anew by how agile everything is.

Attachments

• IW Saxophone Quartet Sketch.mp3
    1.7 MB · Views: 243

Jamus

I just had a play through IW 2.0. Outstanding work by Aaron!! The tone is so much thicker and the noise blends in to the instruments so naturally. I did a little a/b with 1.1 and it's safe to say the improvements are no small thing. Ensembles sound more realistic as do all the legato transitions. My confidence in the Infinite series continues to grow and I have every intention of picking up IB and IS when I can.

I. Am. Excited.

Batrawi

As others have said before: This update is simply amazing!
I was very excited to see that soprano saxophones were added – now for the first time I own a full saxophone quartet!
I couldn't wait to try it out with this old sketch I had lying around. What can I say... I'm always surprised anew by how agile everything is.
I liked this piece a lot... so joyful! but the instruments, not so much. Is this a sax quartet (as labeled)? or are these mixed with some kind of synth

Saxer

What's the dryest signal you can get out of it? Is it the close mic in the studio room? Or is it possible to get a signal with no convolution at all?

I'm not asking because I don't like the rooms. But sometimes it's interesting to try own settings.

I like music

Massive improvement in all instruments. Especially the woodwinds.
I would dare to say that anyone can confidently retire a lot of sample libraries after adding Infinite Series to the template.
My only observation is about the horns. I am getting intonation problems with all horn of other libraries.
Have someone else noticed it?

I haven't checked but will check tonight. Have you got any examples you can post? Will try to replicate tonight.

vicontrolu

Didnt try it but if you turn off all the convolution and use the close mics youll probably end up with something ala sample modelling.

I quickly tried the flute and the brass and first impression is that is even more playable than before. Attacks a bit more under control, improved legato..This is the real deal!

decredis

Would it be fair to say that, of this fabulous smörgåsbord of wind, one weaker point is the oboe?

I think I've noticed it's one of few instruments not being singled out for praise much; and, to my non-expert ears, it sounds somewhat thinner and blander compared with the robust organic character of the other IW2.0 instruments and IB1.5.

I'd be curious to know what more experienced listeners think of the oboes.

Top Bottom