What's new

Infinite Series (Aaron Venture) thread

I'd say it's no different than drawing with any other library. That is, you just gotta learn what it expects out of you for each type of sound.

You'll end up drawing unless you are really good at piano and a pro mldwheel rider.

As cool as it is to not have keyswitches, sometimes its hard to nail a performance and you need to draw and redraw.

But hey, wit great power comes great responsibility..

if they do it at the right price, that would be amazing to enable composing Orchestra music on an iPad
Very very curious about pricing. The SWAM stuff in the sandboxed Roli environment is €10.99 per “bundle” (strings, woodwinds, saxes, no brass) and cannot be used as plugin in Cubasis. So basically one can “only” use them as audio / live. Which still is incredibly cool. So I’m guessing these will at least be $99?

Last edited:
I am loving this thread! I've read every post across the 112 (and counting) pages. Have been holding off on WW and brass library purchases pending the new IW and IB...

While I have a 88-key weighted MIDI controller, I'm a plunk-plunk-plunk player at best (saxophonist by training, pianist by fumbling). If I went with IW and/or IB, how difficult is it to craft a compelling sound more by drawing than by playing? While not ancient, I still often compose via notation and then import into Cubase and tweak (a whole lot!).

Anyone here using IW or IB in this way with success?

I'm in a similar boat. I took a leap of faith on IW and I am just completely sold on all things Aaron Venture 😆 I will wait til IS and pick up IB with that.

I'm a pianist so IW is a miracle to me. I just need to get ahold of a breath controller or leap motion for the many available CC controls. Speaking of CC controls, I believe drawing in music with any Infinite library is as effective, if not even more so than other libraries simply because there are more controllable parameters. You can really go to town on note lengths/velocities and legato transition times/attacks. Not to mention vibrato depth/speed, flutter and growls.

It's up to you how much work you want to put into it but if you put in the time and effort the library gives back 👍 Of course the ultimate goal for me is to play it in live 😁

Aaron must be working incredibly hard at the moment. I can't wait to see (and hear) what he's coming up with.

Or ideally he's taking a vacation from spoiling his Infinite Children with Infinite value for their purchase. :laugh: Though the last time I mentioned a vacation here he laughed and said something along the lines of "good one" or "that's funny".

Aaron must be working incredibly hard at the moment. I can't wait to see (and hear) what he's coming up with.

Or ideally he's taking a vacation from spoiling his Infinite Children with Infinite value for their purchase. :laugh: Though the last time I mentioned a vacation here he laughed and said something along the lines of "good one" or "that's funny".

In the meantime Aaron Venture...

MotleyFool-TMOT-510581ed-vacation.jpg

My marriage is in trouble. I wrote my wife a romantic piece of music for our anniversary. She laughed at me. She said "lol what's this oboe and harp crap? No cimbassi? I'm out, you n00b."

She moved out and is staying with her mother. If only I could rewrite the oboe part with a cimbasso, it might save my marriage. Aaron, only you can help.

And mine is on the 16th 😶

If a certain update (or two!) comes out, VI-C would no longer be required to buy me new sample libraries for my birthday.

Save these people's wallets, Aaron!

Ehi my brother birthday is on the 20th, my wife one is on the 7th and I'm married on the 13th...plenty of dates available here... :roflmao:

My marriage is in trouble. I wrote my wife a romantic piece of music for our anniversary. She laughed at me. She said "lol what's this oboe and harp crap? No cimbassi? I'm out, you n00b."

She moved out and is staying with her mother. If only I could rewrite the oboe part with a cimbasso, it might save my marriage. Aaron, only you can help.
Hahahaha. This made my day! ❤

I bit the bullet and purchased both IB and IW. Overall I'm very happy with it. I've only been working with it for a day but so far i'm loving the flexibility of it. I've mocked up a cue from Atlantis by James Newton Howard to balance it within my template. My only issue is that in the more active sections it's taxing my cpu to where I'm getting stutters and hangs and I have to restart the engine in Kontakt. It could very well be user error though.

Attachments

• 1m1 Atlantis Destroyed Infinite.mp3
    1.7 MB · Views: 183
I bit the bullet and purchased both IB and IW. Overall I'm very happy with it. I've only been working with it for a day but so far i'm loving the flexibility of it. I've mocked up a cue from Atlantis by James Newton Howard to balance it within my template. My only issue is that in the more active sections it's taxing my cpu to where I'm getting stutters and hangs and I have to restart the engine in Kontakt. It could very well be user error though.
At work so can't listen to this yet but on the CPU issue... Have you got all 3 mics active? If you use the mix mic setting (to my ears they are excellent) it cuts CPU usage by 40 percent. Worth trying that as a starter and seeing if you a) like the sound and B) your CPU likes the load or not.

There's an HQ setting as well. If you turn this off (still sounds great without) I THINK that'll help too.

What CPU do you have and what buffer size?

Very well done! Thanks for Sharing!

Top Bottom