What's new

Infinite Brass-opinions?

g.c.

Hi!
Is anyone using this library?
The walk through looks interesting, a choice I'm going to consider. Are there are any issues I should know about before purchase?
Thanks!!
g.c.

It’s brilliant. Period. lol I’ve not noticed any major updates since I bought it, but other users no doubt might find something. Definitely my favorite brass library anyway. Most versatile I’ve seen yet.

@g.c. - I removed CSB (which is also fantastic) from my template, and kept IB instead. That's how much I like it.

But I'm an amateur, so take my opinion with a pinch of salt. If you DM me, I can send you an example of something I mocked up with it.

The tone is going to be your own preference, but I think it is very good. I like the tone.

Here's what's definitely great without doubt:

1) I track per instrument, and you can build your own ensemble sizes. You can literally control the phrasing with velocity and dynamics in relation to each other. If you're playing passages that don't slur all the time, but still feel and sound legato, I haven't heard a library that does it better.

2) Cross-fading is smooth as hell. Phase-aligned and all that, yet somehow doesn't lose that brassiness.

3) Super light on CPU. Each instrument is MAX 60mb of RAM. Aaron tells me you can get it down to 5mb of RAM if you change your preload buffer. No-brainer for me already.

4) The versatility is amazing. You sculpt the sound. If you throw a MIDI file in, it'll sound horrible, but with a few tweaks it'll sound great.

5) I really like the vibrato control. You have depth and freq to control.

6) For the type of library it is, I find it relatively easy to place in space. I still slightly preferred the tone of CSB (I think CSB does well on that front against any library) but the sheer ability to craft the intention of your musical line is what has impressed me.

Wait a week or so and Aaron (hopefully) will have released the woodwinds. And I think if you get them as a bundle, you'll get a very good discount.

@g.c. - I removed CSB (which is also fantastic) from my template, and kept IB instead. That's how much I like it.

But I'm an amateur, so take my opinion with a pinch of salt. If you DM me, I can send you an example of something I mocked up with it.

The tone is going to be your own preference, but I think it is very good. I like the tone.

Here's what's definitely great without doubt:

1) I track per instrument, and you can build your own ensemble sizes. You can literally control the phrasing with velocity and dynamics in relation to each other. If you're playing passages that don't slur all the time, but still feel and sound legato, I haven't heard a library that does it better.

2) Cross-fading is smooth as hell. Phase-aligned and all that, yet somehow doesn't lose that brassiness.

3) Super light on CPU. Each instrument is MAX 60mb of RAM. Aaron tells me you can get it down to 5mb of RAM if you change your preload buffer. No-brainer for me already.

4) The versatility is amazing. You sculpt the sound. If you throw a MIDI file in, it'll sound horrible, but with a few tweaks it'll sound great.

5) I really like the vibrato control. You have depth and freq to control.

6) For the type of library it is, I find it relatively easy to place in space. I still slightly preferred the tone of CSB (I think CSB does well on that front against any library) but the sheer ability to craft the intention of your musical line is what has impressed me.

Wait a week or so and Aaron (hopefully) will have released the woodwinds. And I think if you get them as a bundle, you'll get a very good discount.

I quote all this plus:

7) Aaron is very a very kinded person and he gaves answers and support on his library (libraries in the near future). He also listen to users, he updated the library after it came out and he did many improvements;

8) The price he sells his library is very very good for what you get. The early discount was awesome;

9) A new update (1.3) should be out soon with new improvements and an expansion with new brass instruments and all of this is included in the cost of the library, no more fees on it;

10) If you buy one of his libraries he offers a very good discounts on other ones.

I love the playability of the library and the sound out of it. You can also expand your sections with as many brass as you want, you can build a huge section if you want by using the different options the library offers.
I deleted all the other libraries from my template and for sure I'll buy woodwinds and...strings, wow can't wait for them. Finally he planned a percussion library too. All this libraries will share the same principles, light on CPU, little RAM impact, great playability.

For me Aaron it is a ray of sun in a saturated library ecosystem.

My long term objective is to build a template entirely filled of AV libraries, Audio Modeling Libraries and Sample Modeling libraries. Can't wait to have all of them on my workstation.

Thanks very much for the enthusiast responses.
It gives me a lot to think about!
g.c.

9) A new update (1.3) should be out soon with new improvements and an expansion with new brass instruments and all of this is included in the cost of the library, no more fees on it;
Any word on what the new instruments will be?

So flugel horn? Just kidding!

Guys, let Aaron get the winds out first ;) Then we'll badger him for everything else!

I'm totally happy with what's there. look forward to the woodwinds and other sets. Any updates are appreciated, but more than that, the incredible work on the library itself is the most appreciated. great new approach.

Yep, great approach! Really looking forward to the updates too!

I'm totally happy with what's there. look forward to the woodwinds and other sets. Any updates are appreciated, but more than that, the incredible work on the library itself is the most appreciated. great new approach.

Top Bottom