Inconsistent notifications for watched threads

NekujaK

Searching for the Lost Chord
I've noticed this behavior ever since I joined VI-Control: I don't always receive notifications of new posts for all my watched forums, including forums in which I've posted. This includes both email and non-email notifications.

For example, I've been actively reading and occasionally posting in the recent Areia release thread, and yet, when I arrived at the forum this morning, there were no notification of new posts, when in fact, there were several since ladt night. This is just one example of many. I do get recent activity notifications MOST of the time, but not ALL of the time, as I would expect. And I understand that a cluster of recent posts often get grouped into a single notification - but sometimes I'm not even receiving that one.

It's not a huge issue, but it does force me to manually check all my watched forums to make sure I'm up to date, which is what the notification system is supposed to obviate. Anyway, maybe I'm doing something wrong or haven't configured the appropriate preference somewhere 🤷‍♂️

Mornats

Hobbyist
I've noticed that if I receive a notification but don't click on the link to the thread (or otherwise read the thread after receiving the notification) then it won't notify me again of new posts in that thread.