What's new

Incoming from Indiginus

I never said I found the libraries expensive. I said I could not justify to myself buying a library I don't need but just covet because I'm short on cash. So, even if I appreciate the overal enthusiasm, and Tracy's friendly and reasonable answer too, I don't think I need what looks like a lesson from everyone on why I should not dare ask this and should pay full price. It was a candid question with no ill intent. I guess Ishould have asked Tracy directly.
You should probably not assume that everyone who comments after you is actually addressing you.

But on a side note... I too find Indiginus libraries to always be excellent value at full price!
Looking forward to the Lap Steel.

Pile on continues: I too like the Indiginus model. *Always* a great value; always very playable, excellent VIs. And with an additional discount at launch? Irresistable

I never said I found the libraries expensive. I said I could not justify to myself buying a library I don't need but just covet because I'm short on cash. So, even if I appreciate the overal enthusiasm, and Tracy's friendly and reasonable answer too, I don't think I need what looks like a lesson from everyone on why I should not dare ask this and should pay full price. It was a candid question with no ill intent. I guess Ishould have asked Tracy directly.
On the contrary it was a great question and a great answer by Tracy. I continue to be impressed by his no nonsense business model and the quality of his libraries. It also helps that they are right in my lane, musically:)

Love the Indiginus libraries, use them a lot. I'll definitely be picking this up. As a geezer I'm always wanting to put David Lindley style lines in things, even when they don't belong there. :) I've been using an older lib for this that does the job, but would love it if this could fill that role as well!

I truly did not mean to pile on you, and I apologize if I made you feel bad. I myself waited for an Indiginus sale. For a year I waited. I waited and waited and waited. Finally, I got the message there was never going to be a sale. And I bought some stuff.

The reality is that the pricing system that Tracy Collins and Valhalla uses today is as old as the 1920s trumpet in Blue Street Brass. It's just not the way things are done anymore.

His instruments go for $59 tp $79. If he priced them all at $99 and had "sales" a few times a year--I am sure that at the end of the year he would have a lot more money in his pocket.

Because people do NOT buy unless they are prompted by the emotional excitement and pressure of a "bargain." When there's a "deal," they buy stuff they don't need. They buy stuff that costs more than Tracy's instruments, but aren't nearly as good. They watch the Indiginus videos over and over, they know they want Indiginus instruments, they just don't get around to buying them because they are distracted by "sales" of other stuff. There's never a sense of occasion, a sense of "I have to buy this week!"

It's the way human beings are wired today and 99.99% of the developers have adapted to this in one way or another, whether they like it or not.

For whatever reasons, Tracy elects to resist this tide. He says he doesn't want people to feel bad when the price goes down. I missed his intro price on Blue Street Brass and I don't feel bad at all. It's awesome! I would never care if anybody paid less than I paid for it, because my price was more than fair and I want him to make money. I'm very grateful that he's doing the beautiful work that he does.

It would be different if he sold his stuff for $1000-$2000 and then sold them for $28 plus a piano. That kind of thing justifiably gets people mad.

Anyway, eventually I said to myself, "I want this stuff. Whether my brain accepts it or not, this IS a sale." It's just that he doesn't go through the artifice of having some ridiculous price posted that nobody ever pays.

I hope this explains that I wasn't criticizing you. I am you, as I believe are most other people on this forum.

No worries and thanks for that elaborate answer. As I said, I found Tracy's explanation clear and honest. The only thing I needed to know was if I was making a mistake waiting for a sale from them or not. Now I know. All good.

Just watched the walk-through for the lap steel. Sounds great and the UI is so simple and clear - as usual! I wish all VI's were as intuitive to use. A definite buy!

My only Indiginus UI only complaint is the one for the Blue Street Brass - using that wheel to go through all the instruments seems unessessarily cumbersome but I guess everyone is entitled to an off-day now and then. Overall, I'm a big fan of Indiginus instruments and pricing policy.

Last edited:
Love it so far!

Ok, my first steps seem to sound somewhat chinese so far, but it was expectable that there is something to learn with all that articulations. Will take some more time to do perfect spongebob-music : )
I like the interface and the sound, which is really great. Plus all the fx presets / cabs do lots.
First impression: A lovely instrument - well done!

Because people do NOT buy unless they are prompted by the emotional excitement and pressure of a "bargain." When there's a "deal," they buy stuff they don't need. They buy stuff that costs more than Tracy's instruments, but aren't nearly as good. They watch the Indiginus videos over and over, they know they want Indiginus instruments, they just don't get around to buying them because they are distracted by "sales" of other stuff. There's never a sense of occasion, a sense of "I have to buy this week!"
Guilty as charged.

Top Bottom