What's new

In Session Audio Annual Sale

Land of Missing Parts

Grumpy Monkey
I'm surprised I haven't seen this mentioned on VIC.

Annual-Sale-2019-00.jpg

Sale lasts through Nov 3rd.
All titles discounted 42-60% off.

@InSessionAudio

A Partial Price List
Shimmer Shake Strike - $80 $140
Riff Generation Outside In - $150 $250
Riff Generation Combo - $250 $500
Taiko Creator - $110 $190
Fluid Strike - $125 $250

Last edited:
Yeah been waiting for this to grab Shimmer Shake Strike...so I did. It sounds great, is easy to use, and sped up my workflow. Definitely no regrets.

Earlier this year I grabbed the Riff Generators. The sound quality is fantastic in both, but the newer “Outside In” version seems a lot more useful than the original (the acoustic sound sources make the difference for me) but I’ve yet to really find a good way to use them in a real-world track composition. Will probably find a home in underscore type tracks eventually...

I got SSS a while back and like it overall, but one big thing missing for me - unless I've missed an obvious feature - is volume dynamics between loud and soft layers. There really is not much volume difference them, which limits it for sculpting accented parts. It'd be great to have volume adjustment for each of the 4 layers, to be able to craft more dynamic performances.

I got SSS a while back and like it overall, but one big thing missing for me - unless I've missed an obvious feature - is volume dynamics between loud and soft layers. There really is not much volume difference them, which limits it for sculpting accented parts. It'd be great to have volume adjustment for each of the 4 layers, to be able to craft more dynamic performances.

Stay tuned, this is coming in an update - you will be able to adjust the volume per step, most likely in +/-3 dB range, which should suffice - unless you think otherwise? (Oh, and there are 3 layers, not 4 ;))

I wanted SSS, but the lack of output options killed it for me.

You didn't look very well ;)

1571172354157.png

Stay tuned, this is coming in an update - you will be able to adjust the volume per step, most likely in +/-3 dB range, which should suffice - unless you think otherwise? (Oh, and there are 3 layers, not 4 ;))

I was actually referring to the 4 vertical levels (not counting the doubles and triplets) per step within each shaker lane. I was imagining a macro volume +/- control for each level, so that, for example, I could quickly adjust volume for all the "low velocity" shaker steps (in all sequencer lanes) in one go. Per step volume adjustment would be helpful (I'd vote for something a little larger, maybe +/-6db), but then you have to manually adjust each step. I think I'd still prefer having 4 "macro" level knobs. Alternatively, you could just have 1 knob - for example "volume separation" - that will widen the volume range between soft and loud steps gradually as you turn up the knob.

Also, if each sequencer/shaker lane could have its own rate & # steps, instead of a global one, that could allow for some interesting polyrhythmic stuff! A boy can dream...

From the Riff Generator Outside In page:

"MIDI files for any riff can be exported directly from the interface via drag-and-drop. Or send MIDI out in real time to other virtual instruments!"

Ah, well now, that's pretty intriguing....

I was actually referring to the 4 vertical levels (not counting the doubles and triplets) per step within each shaker lane. I was imagining a macro volume +/- control for each level, so that, for example, I could quickly adjust volume for all the "low velocity" shaker steps (in all sequencer lanes) in one go. Per step volume adjustment would be helpful (I'd vote for something a little larger, maybe +/-6db), but then you have to manually adjust each step. I think I'd still prefer having 4 "macro" level knobs. Alternatively, you could just have 1 knob - for example "volume separation" - that will widen the volume range between soft and loud steps gradually as you turn up the knob.

The work has already been done on the per-step volume adjustment, this was the method we decided to go with. :) But yes, we could expand the range to +/-6 dB. IMHO it will offer you greater control, since a particular hit type can have two different volume levels in the pattern, which is more flexible, at the expense of slightly more editing.

Also, if each sequencer/shaker lane could have its own rate & # steps, instead of a global one, that could allow for some interesting polyrhythmic stuff! A boy can dream...

Sorry, not gonna happen. But you can always use multiple instances of SSS ;)

Can anyone clue me in on how much overlap, content-wise, I can expect with Nine Volt's older "Shimmer & Shake" library (on which I presume it's built on)?

Exactly my question as well.

And just out of curiosity, how can VSTBuzz release the original S&S with new UI while In Session Audio can build "on top of the original S&S"? I mean, who actually owns the original product and the copyrights? This seems really weird. :shocked:

EDIT: So, I figured it finally out. VSTBuzz re-released the 9volt Audio version which Kyle (from ISA) actually did back in the day. And the ISA version- despite of having almost the same name- is a completely new and different and more up-to-date product. (Which I will buy later today! ^^ )

Last edited:
Top Bottom