What's new

In praise of Studio One

How do you sync the video to S1?
It does it automatically. Just check the frame rate of the original video and set that in Studio One after you import the video. It's at menu bar > song > song setup or [CTRL+.] After that I just figure out tempo, where I want changes, and heavily use markers. You have to extract the audio from the video, it's on the menu below the video, otherwise when you export you won't have the audio from the vid (I usually don't bother until right before I'm exporting). And you can set the offest from the same menu. That's really it. It's pretty straight forward, no weird tricks needed. It's just not as nice as a having a video track but it works, I just have the video really small playing in the corner to help keep track of things.

It's pretty straight forward, no weird tricks needed. It's just not as nice as a having a video track but it works, I just have the video really small playing in the corner to help keep track of things.
Okay I will give it a try. Thanks!

We are in a content boom with a lot of demand for media composers.

I think a lot of DAWs will add more features for this in the future
Let's see if that get's prioritized vs podcasting/music production related stuff. Studio One is getting cluttered (been using it since it first came out). They need a direction of focus for it's audience.

Last edited:
I see.

By the way, Dorico 4 will be released Jan. 12th !

I really hope Notion 7 is not too far away from being released, with a lot of improvements, and tighter integration with S1Pro.
I think Notion is going to be dropped eventually. I don't think the same team (in North Carolina) work on it anymore.

Last edited:
Hi all,
Please, I am trying to use Splitter but the plugin doesn´t appear in my Effects list.
What do I have to do.
Thanks in advance.

Please, I am trying to use Splitter but the plugin doesn´t appear in my Effects list.
What do I have to do.
If your running Studio One Artist I'm not sure if the Splitter plugin is available to you

I did find an article from Craig Anderton that shows how to do something similar

Okay, few questions fellas!
I'm a teacher, session key player also starting to produce songs for pop/r&b singers.
I realized that I love using strings, and also I feel like it's harder in Studio one compare to logic when it comes to editing string articulations etc... also haven't done any film production yet, but want to jump in that era too.
I'm considering switching to either Cubase or ableton(+ Pro tools) since I have Softube ecosystem for mixing(Cubase and ableton, S1 are fully supported by ecosystem).

what do you guys think? should I make a change? or should I stick with Studio one?

Okay, few questions fellas!
I'm a teacher, session key player also starting to produce songs for pop/r&b singers.
I realized that I love using strings, and also I feel like it's harder in Studio one compare to logic when it comes to editing string articulations etc... also haven't done any film production yet, but want to jump in that era too.
I'm considering switching to either Cubase or ableton(+ Pro tools) since I have Softube ecosystem for mixing(Cubase and ableton, S1 are fully supported by ecosystem).

what do you guys think? should I make a change? or should I stick with Studio one?
Studio One does have an articulations manager:

And the integration with VSL is pretty cool:

For Spitfire and other developers you can configure your own or maybe buy these:

Super! I think i'm gonna just buy this! thanks, it will take a little time but i'm about to release a rnb song that has some strings, will report back with the result :)

Studio One is continually knocking my socks off. I’m a huge fan of the way you can combine different VIs on a single track and adjust not only volume levels but ranges as well. And it takes no time at all! The presets feature has spoiled me too. I have a shortcut key set up to save all favourite presets from each library and it’s fantastic.

I'm compiling sounds for an upcoming Roll Playing Game score and this is just brilliant to be able to assign and categorize sounds into a folder.. Maybe Logic or Cubase can do that too but Studio One is just to effortless and easy.

Last edited:
Has anyone used Metagrid Pro with Studio One? I can't see that they have a basic template for S1 but I am really wanting to build a template and don't want to have to start from scratch. They have a lot of the key commands and macros in the app but it may take a while to build one myself.

Has anyone used Metagrid Pro with Studio One? I can't see that they have a basic template for S1 but I am really wanting to build a template and don't want to have to start from scratch. They have a lot of the key commands and macros in the app but it may take a while to build one myself.
For S1, I found the S1 Remote app quite good - and you can create custom buttons to fire macros. Of course, MG Pro has faders now, so perhaps more of a reason to use that instead.

Top Bottom