What's new

Importing my legally purchased iTunes music into DAW for reference

I cannot see any of the .m4p files in the iTunes browser in Logic. No surprise there.

Looks like I just need to get rid of this DRM crap at some point - then I won't run into this issue any more. Now, where is that old spindle of CD-Rs again? :unsure:

Thanks for the help and feedback, all.

I used to burn CD RW discs and then import them back in. If you want DRM free see how much it costs to buy on Amazon Music.

BTW isn't iTunes eventually going to go away?

Route your system sounds (iTunes) into your DAW. Most interfaces above $300 have some form of loopback feature that allows this (RME, MOTU, Focusrite, Mackie...). Otherwise there are software solutions like this: https://jackaudio.org/

@Jdiggity1 This worked great. I was able to record a short passage from the song in my iTunes library directly into Logic. This is actually much better than grabbing the whole file and cutting out the section I needed anyway.

Thanks for the tip!

I also route the signal into my DAW and simply record the audio. With RME you got a loop back function on all outputs.

I can drag/drop near anything from the iTunes window into Logic. But I had two or three songs which were protected and refused to be copied. Seems to be some Apple mistake and happens from time to time. I also simply recorded the track via audio input into Logic (like we did in the last Millenium).

Top Bottom