What's new

Importing groups into older version

thesteelydane

Bunker Samples
Hey Kontakt gurus

Is there an easy way to import groups from a newer version of Kontakt into an older, or at the very least the samples with all start and loop settings intact?

I requested a legacy installer from NI to build my instrument in, but it took them 6 weeks to get back to me because they lost my email, so I started assembling and setting loop points in the oldest version I had, which was 5.6.6. Now they finally sent me an installer for 5.3.1 and I'd like to port the stuff I already built into that, to ensure the largest possible customer base for my library.

There must be an efficient way to do this, right? Please tell me there is...

No. NKG files are essentially a small part of NKI and they follow the same versioning as NKIs, so NKGs created with newer version of Kontakt cannot be loaded into an older version.

No. NKG files are essentially a small part of NKI and they follow the same versioning as NKIs, so NKGs created with newer version of Kontakt cannot be loaded into an older version.

Thanks for clarifying that, but damn, that’s disappointing. And there’s no way to export the samples with the loop points information embedded?

On the other hand, if the vast majority of potential customers are on 5.6.6 or newer it’s a non issue - but I have no idea how many people that potentially would be shut out if I release in 5.6.6

Top Bottom