What's new

Impact Soundworks - Momentum

Wunderhorn

I am currently looking at Impact Soundworks - Momentum.

It looks like an easy to use thing for ambiguous rhythm beds and what I particularly like in this case is that mostly the sounds are derived from acoustic sources.

My question - do you like it and what is out there that might compare and might worth considering instead?

OK, so the silence on this topic speaks volumes, maybe that's all I need to know about this product...! :)

I worked on Momentum, so my oppinion is obviously biased to an extent, but I loved how the recordings turned out, and hearing the demos/tweaking the sounds to taste was even better than I imagined. About other libraries that might compare, maybe ReForged by ISW as well? Although that one has no tuned percussion if I remember well.

If I can help you with anything, ask away and I'll do my best!

I beta tested it so I'm also might be biased, but honestly, it's really good. It saves time definitely. I like how there's a lot of different rhythms. Since it is organic, you could manipulate it to sound more distorted to have a bit more aggressive, but at the same time more organic rhythm as to just distorted synth.

Hi @sostenuto, I'll chime in here too. LADD is great for your primary, traditional cinematic percussion library. Where Momentum shines is that it's mostly NON-traditional percussion. Found objects, interesting textures and other methods for providing underscore tempo and... erm... momentum to your tracks. It's very easy to get lost in the selection of sounds (over 3000 loops I think?) and find ready-to-go loops for inspiration. The fact that you can also tweak them is a bonus. If I had to compare it to another product I'd say it's the weird cousin of Stylus RMX. Hope this helps!

Hi @sostenuto, I'll chime in here too. LADD is great for your primary, traditional cinematic percussion library. Where Momentum shines is that it's mostly NON-traditional percussion. Found objects, interesting textures and other methods for providing underscore tempo and... erm... momentum to your tracks. It's very easy to get lost in the selection of sounds (over 3000 loops I think?) and find ready-to-go loops for inspiration. The fact that you can also tweak them is a bonus. If I had to compare it to another product I'd say it's the weird cousin of Stylus RMX. Hope this helps!

It surely does help. I was not happy with the Post, as it did not state my intended use with LADD properly. As Pianist /Keyboardist, the ability to add 'NON traditional percussion' is an ongoing need. Your Reply addresses this nicely.

Thank-you for helping ! :thumbsup:

I still use/enjoy Stylus RMX greatly, and REX files are very positive.

Last edited:
Regarding Momentum, I wonder about one thing - When you have customized those loops, you'll probably need to save them as snapshots and if you want to have two or more variations alternate at certain times you'd have to load an additional patch in Kontakt with the snapshot loaded. Also I wonder how flexible it is to create somewhat unique endings and beginnings of these loops.
I also wonder if they sync to the project tempo.

Also, I really thought there would be a lot of alternatives out there. Essentially it does seem like something really useful in general. Especially with these organic, acoustic sounds but not necessarily easy to identify for what they are.

I want to make people aware that Momentum is currently part of the 71% OFF PERCUSSION deal over at VST Buzz. The bundle includes Momentum, Meditation, Shou Drum, Forest Frame Drums, Groove Bias & Impact Steel.

All that for €99 which is an amazing deal imho - DETAILS HERE

StoSWDU.jpg

I want to make people aware that Momentum is currently part of the 71% OFF PERCUSSION deal over at VST Buzz. The bundle includes Momentum, Meditation, Shou Drum, Forest Frame Drums, Groove Bias & Impact Steel.

StoSWDU.jpg
Cannot find any walkthrough videos for the following products within the bundle:

- Forest Frame Drums
- Groove Bias: Vintage Drum Sounds
- Impact Steel: Metallic Percussion

Wondering are these good products or not? Thanks.

Last edited:

StoSWDU.jpg

Thanks for the link! Just purchased the bundle :)

OK, so my preliminary impressions are that these are great sounding samples. I've been a fan of ISW for a while and the Turkish Oud library is hands down the best Oud library I have played (I record live Oud players frequently), so I was expecting a high standard of audio quality and this bundle delivers.

Momentum seems to be very versatile as the samples do sound "organic" and unprocessed, however, the options the U.I. provides to mangle and process the samples are powerful and you can get some very interesting results. I think Momentum is going to be an unexpected secret weapon on a few scores and I'm quite pleasantly surprised as I really hadn't heard about it until this thread.

Momentum seems to be very versatile as the samples do sound "organic" and unprocessed, however, the options the U.I. provides to mangle and process the samples are powerful and you can get some very interesting results. I think Momentum is going to be an unexpected secret weapon on a few scores and I'm quite pleasantly surprised as I really hadn't heard about it until this thread.

I totally agree with this. Composers I know who have Momentum use it constantly - it has replaced 8DIO's Hybrid Tools as my go-to rhythmic bed generator. However, there are only FIVE HOURS LEFT until this deal is no more.

GRAB IT HERE WHILST YOU CAN.

There's some weird "ref=4" line in the link. Not sure if it got corrupted. Anyway - if anyone wants it, here's the link below without any weird stuff in the address.

Oh come on, you know what that is. Reuben goes the long haul to do demos and reviews and offer fantastic suggestions and you wanna cut him out of the loop? You have nothing to lose and he has an opportunity for a tiny gain...geez.

Nothing weird, and we all benefit. Personally I need Reuben kept in business so he will keep pumping out great walkthrus and reviews!

Top Bottom