What's new

Immersive music production - got the DearVR Pro for $44.99 today

Stringtree

This has been a slog. I'm kind of dense.

Using Reaper, I found out how to properly route audio to physical outputs a few months ago. Now this 3D/Ambisonics/multichannel plugin drops into my lap for a lot less than its usual price from Plugin-alliance.com and it works. It's really fun.

There was a sale reducing the price to about $70, then I had a voucher for $25 more off, and it went through.

Is anyone else here doing 5.1 or 7.1 audio? Is this gimmicky like 3D movies? I don't think any of my friends have a setup that can reproduce this. I mean multichannel music. The stuff I've downloaded to try out is immensely satisfying. Binaural audio makes my head spin, but the placing of instruments in space is fun too. Up, down, left, right, behind.

VLC handles multichannel WAV files beautifully. I'd like to follow this path, but I'm wondering if this is a fad, or the future. I see video games and VR, movie scores.

Grateful for any pointers.

I briefly looked at it. Imo, not entirely sure how it is making things surround. For score work, dunno, not sold because phasy stuff won’t always fold down to stereo etc.
For Sound Design stuff, sure.

In my 5.1 travels there are a few plays:
-the surround orchestra ( different mic’s plus surround verb )
-the synth land, where fx processing does the work (multy channel fx)
-contemporary band, where modern music is produced into the 5.1 space.

Watching for developments, but mostly on the sidelines myself.

I found the DTS-HD Master Audio on Blu-Ray. Movie theater at home. Wow.

That was amazing. So I wanted to produce this myself, and possibly distribute it to discerning listeners, just for fun. A stream that was lossless and full of booms and shards, rather than AC-3 or some compressed thing.

I *think* that a phase-coherent proper multichannel reverb is going to reproduce the fun of multichannel the right way, but I'm so new to this I don't know.

With real instruments recorded in surround fashion, I have a Mahler Symphony. It's verrrrry appealing.

It's really fun.

Grateful for any pointers.
It is a lot of fun. I bought it to one day realise a full for-headphone-only album. Unfortunately, due to 'needing' to compose into the plugin, i don't currently have the processing power to realise such a project. One day, I'm sure.

After I got it I used it primarily for spatial FX in my binaural tracks but lately find myself using the reverbs of this PRO version more and more ... some excellent stuff in there.

I found the DTS-HD Master Audio on Blu-Ray. Movie theater at home. Wow.

That was amazing. So I wanted to produce this myself, and possibly distribute it to discerning listeners, just for fun. A stream that was lossless and full of booms and shards, rather than AC-3 or some compressed thing.

I *think* that a phase-coherent proper multichannel reverb is going to reproduce the fun of multichannel the right way, but I'm so new to this I don't know.

With real instruments recorded in surround fashion, I have a Mahler Symphony. It's verrrrry appealing.
Cinematic Rooms pro I hear is highly regarded for surround, as well as for general use. They do Black Friday sales.

Top Bottom