What's new

Music for Strangers - album made in lockdown using piano, found sounds etc.- is OUT!

@michel

Michel! Just grabbed your contribution and added to track 11. Gorgeous, perfectly fitting, and not in the least bit crap! Thanks so much for taking the time to do this, it's wonderful to have this kind of collaboration for the album & it's super-inspiring too.

Thanks. That is good to hear. It's difficult when you don't know what is expected or what is already contributed. Glad that it fits.

Now I have some recorder, guitar harmonics and whistles!

Would be nice to get a few submissions of:

• just one single note
  • on any instrument
  • Preferably something physical. - not a VI or softsynth

I can twist and mould that single note into an instrument to add to one of the tracks.
I'd love to hear what @Rctec and @charlieclouser might send over... 😏

Daniel Pemberton sent me a suitably bonkers single note. It's a high bar!

Last edited:
OK! I think I'm going to give this until next Friday (15th) for any contributions (ideally single notes), then I need to crack on with finishing the album. I have lots of brilliant contributions already, but if anyone would like to send over a note in the next week - feel free!

OK! I think I'm going to give this until next Friday (15th) for any contributions (ideally single notes), then I need to crack on with finishing the album. I have lots of brilliant contributions already, but if anyone would like to send over a note in the next week - feel free!

It's a shame my trumpet playing days are long over (although the rest of humanity might disagree), otherwise I would have given it a go.

Just sent you another contribution, looking forward to the final album :)

FIVE WEEKS! I can only apologise for the radio silence. Two big videogame projects and then a couple of urgent trailer pitches made everything a bit nuts for a couple of weeks. But the album is finished!

I'll be putting a final youtube vid together for Monday doing a deep dive into the process.

To finish things off - here's a little dive into the logic sessions.
Stupidly filmed on the hottest day of the year, I look at the album in a little more detail. Why/how I did certain things, some info on sampling, mixing etc

Just added it to my Spotify Playlist, thank's again for making this, it's sounds absolutely wonderful!:)
Also a huge thanks for featuring my Spieluhr/Music Box in your video:dancer:

Top Bottom