What's new

I'm making a Cubase Touchscreen Controller - The Jono not Bono Cubase Touch Controller

Something to be aware of with huge touch screens (I have used the largest Slate Raven), you can get “Gorilla Arm” 😂
Excellent point! Since for 16:9 monitors the height, or depth in this case, of the screen is about 50% of the diagonal (a 55" screen is about 27-28" high/deep ignoring frames) this is definitely something to keep in mind. Arms only reach so far and fatigue can set in very fast. Of course you can change the pitch of the table but still...

Last edited:
I can recommend capacitive touchscreens, I tried the IR frame and didn´t like it, I love my capacitive frame because it is very accurate in the bottom half of the screen

I can recommend capacitive touchscreens, I tried the IR frame and didn´t like it, I love my capacitive frame because it is very accurate in the bottom half of the screen
Interesting. I didn't have such problems with mine. It tracked fast and very accurately. Must differ between brands/techs.

UPDATE: I checked. The touch precision is 1.5 mm on my 4K system.

Last edited:
Yes, and it works very well! And you don't need to buy the glass, just get the frame. The tempered glass cover is mostly for outdoor setups or for touch tables, etc. And it's very heavy too so increases shipping costs a lot and makes installation more difficult. The frame ships in a tube, just snap the four sides together and you're done :)

I got mine from https://www.gesturetek.com/oldhome/multitouchoverlays/introduction.php (GestureTek) here in Canada. Very good service! They're also available from many other distributors around the world including Aliexpress' DEFI TECH store that's been there for a while and seems reliable.

Disclaimer: no affiliation with any of them. Just happy customer :)

FYI the resulting 55" touch monitor was mounted on this strong adjustable rolling cart by CopyTech now perfectly adapted to its role as a mixing panel in Cubase.

In retrospect a 46-50" monitor like the one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-26Ca9Pyb4Y (demonstrated here) might have been enough; easier to position, less expensive, etc. but hey, why not? ;)

1626871130673.png
Thanks a lot @Tatiana Gordeeva !

Yes you’re right. Available in US too, right? Frame’s just good. The pic you posted is the Frame you’re telling, right?

Is it possible to get like a little small frames like 24” to 32” something? But this IS totally a great idea. I am think about Mini & this would be additional help.

Hi! The picture above is ONLY a table to support any monitor/TV with a VESA mount. It has nothing to do with the touch frame itself. In my case I had to create a system cart table + 55" monitor/TV + touch frame because of the size I wanted.

From the links above you will see what touch frame sizes are available. I suggest to NOT buy the glass that they sell (not useful in a studio). For small monitors (24-32") you can probably get away cheaper by buying simply a touch monitor instead of a touch frame + a TV/monitor. They're quite inexpensive now in those sizes and you can get your pick of capacitive or IR systems.

After seeing Junkie XL's touchscreen setup today, I'll be keeping my eye on this and looking for a touchscreen monitor.

It´s great Jono! tempted to abandon Dtouch for this, but I have a system to choose the articulation in the key editor, (recorded mouse movement to select them at the dropdown menu of the info line).

But that articulation system you guys came up with is genius!

Makes me so happy you think this! We've actually got much bigger plans with this art system but for version one, we are just going to stick with this. Gotta keep the never ending work down to ensure getting this thing "finished". 😀
Are you running this on an all-in-one PC or just a simple PC with a touchscreen monitor?

It´s great Jono! tempted to abandon Dtouch for this, but I have a system to choose the articulation in the key editor, (recorded mouse movement to select them at the dropdown menu of the info line).

But that articulation system you guys came up with is genius!
Well man, don't fix what isn't broken. If you already have a system that works then that's great. There isn't going to be mouse recording in this. I didn't want anyone to have to invest in buying any additional software but it's a good idea for sure! :)

Are you running this on an all-in-one PC or just a simple PC with a touchscreen monitor?
I'm using a Touch Screen plugged into a PC. It's about 13 years old (has a 2600k cpu in it) that I used to use as a Cubase machine but its been collecting dust for a while so I thought I'd make use of it again. Also, regarding touch, PC/Windows supports multi touch and OSX doesn't so using a PC is the only real way to go.

A very successful composer in LA is testing out a version of this and he is using I micro PC and works like a charm so nothing insane is needed. Just something that can run Open Stage Control.

Well man, don't fix what isn't broken. If you already have a system that works then that's great. There isn't going to be mouse recording in this. I didn't want anyone to have to invest in buying any additional software but it's a good idea for sure! :)
I wish Steinberg could get their s* together about the keyboard access in the info line, so I could program a macro with keys, but you can´t access the articulation dropdown menu with the tab key

I wish Steinberg could get their s* together about the keyboard access in the info line, so I could program a macro with keys, but you can´t access the articulation dropdown menu with the tab key
Totally with you man. Just being able to trigger Enter/Return would be a start man. For example... you wanna be able to create a macro for Bouncing audio. So first step is Bounce audio and then a window pops up asking you to hit Enter. And you have to manually click Enter because it's impossible to add that command in the macro. So frustrating. Life is so hard 😂

Top Bottom