What's new

I'm just starting..

ghighi_eftimie

Hi! This is my first post. I've opened my first DAW one year ago. Since then, not really everyday, I was looking forward to develop my skills, trying to get better at producing soundtracks. I know I'm bad at mixing and I wanna improve. Any feedback/advice is very, very appreciated.
Thank you for your time!

Last edited:
Interesting instrument palettes. I think the timbres work well together. My impression is that the ideas/veins shift too quickly. I think you could stay in the same vein for longer and explore/develop within it a bit more before shifting to the next palette/idea.

My only other advice is that my advice and the advice of others has the potential to be total garbage! Follow your heart and keep having fun!

Thanks! It means a lot to me to finally hear what other people think of my sounds.
Because of my lacking in the skills department, I feel sometimes that I don't have the words to express my vision. So, I feel a bit shy when I develop my ideas, being afraid that I might break them.

Follow your heart and keep having fun!

Working on it!

I enjoyed listening to it first of all. Nice and fresh ideas. I agree with what tehreal posted and here my contribution and take out of it as you want :)

I would keep the following in mind. Do more with less when starting and see if you can work out this piece when only using the piano, the pizzicato strings and the horn and remove (for now) the extra stuff and expand your thinking and ideas what you can do with the melodic and harmonic material you have created and work that out to keep it interesting (some theme variations, switch the parts in the instruments etc etc, just have fun with it, there is no good and bad :) )

Do more with less when starting and see if you can work out this piece when only using the piano, the pizzicato strings and the horn and remove (for now) the extra stuff and expand your thinking and ideas what you can do with the melodic and harmonic material you have created and work that out to keep it interesting (some theme variations, switch the parts in the instruments etc etc, just have fun with it, there is no good and bad :) )

Those are milestones that I want to achive. Thanks!

Top Bottom