What's new

IK Multimedia Licence transfer Credit...

easyrider

Embracing the Absurd
I’m guessing I purchase a credit, Make a note of the serial number, click transfer in my account on the product I wish to transfer hit transfer then the serial is removed from my account and I email the seller the serial which then let’s them register it to their account?

If anyone has done please can they confirm ?

Thanks

I’m guessing I purchase a credit, Make a note of the serial number, click transfer in my account on the product I wish to transfer hit transfer then the serial is removed from my account and I email the seller the serial which then let’s them register it to their account?

If anyone has done please can they confirm ?

Thanks

Hi Easyrider, I can confirm that this is correct having done this several times myself. Once you have purchased a license transfer credit, this will then be registered to your account allowing you then to transfer a license of a product of your choice, so long as it's not a "not for resale product". You can then make a note of the serial number, which will also be e-mailed to you by IK Multimedia notifying you that the license has been released from your accoung allowing you then to send the serial number onto the new buyer. I hope that helps. 😊

One unexpected thing which has happened to me twice when doing IK licence transfers is that they reclaim your JamPoints. This doesn't make sense to me as, not only have you paid IK for the product but you have also paid them extra for the privilege of transferring the licence.

So if you have any JamPoints, you might want to use them up before you do the transfer.

Thanks for the info...The more I'm learning about IK transfer the more annoying its becoming....Izotope seems a breeze in comparison.

Top Bottom