What's new

IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy - Up to 25 for the price of 1!

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the manual:

3.2.5 – Import Samples

Select the disk path where your sample or samples are located. If you open this window via drag-and-drop, this field will auto-populate with the location of the file or folder you dragged. Enter the name of Track you wish to create using these samples. This is the Track name that will appear in the SampleTron 2 Track Browser and in the Tracks Panel in the A, B or C Track Positions after you have saved the Track using the SAVE button on the Tape Effects Panel. If you are importing a folder of samples, this name will represent the collection of all the samples in that folder. Once you have named the Track, click the Import button and SampleTron 2 will create a new Track with the name you have entered.

3.2.6 – Map Samples by File Name

The default method for importing samples into SampleTron 2 is to use the file name to determine the root note for each sample. In order for SampleTron 2 to read the root note, the sample’s file name must begin with the root note and then be followed by a space and then any identifying text. For example, “G#2 Vibes Felt Mallet.wav.”

3.2.7 – Add a Velocity Tag

If you wish to load samples with multiple velocities, you can use the standard SampleTank 4 convention where the note name is followed by an underscore and then a “v” followed by the high velocity value followed by a space and then any identifying text. For example, “G#2_v110 Vibes Felt Mallet.wav.”

3.2.8 – Add a Round Robin Tag

If you wish to load samples that have multiple round robins (alternating takes of the same note), you can use the standard SampleTank 4 convention where the note name is followed by an underscore and then an “rr” followed by the round robin number followed by a space and then any identifying text. For example, “G#2_rr3 Vibes Felt Mallet.wav.” You may include both a velocity tag and a round robin tag by separating the tags with underscores. For example, “G#2_v110_rr3 Vibes Felt Mallet.wav.”

3.2.9 – Chromatic From

There is an alternate method for setting the root note of your imported sample or folder of samples. You can select the “Chromatic From” option in the Import Samples window, and then you can specify the starting root note of the samples you wish to import. SampleTron 2 will then map the first sample in the folder to this specified note and the subsequent notes one note higher going up the keyboard chromatically. And of course, if you are just importing a single sample, then this option simply sets the root note of that single sample

not to turn this into a tech thread but ST4 crashes both S1 5.4 and Cubase pro 11 when closing the plugin window. can load it and play sounds fine, but closing the window crashes the DAW. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it 3 times, no luck. all other IK instruments, including ST3, do not do this. i have tickets open with IK and Presonus, just seeing if anyone else has this behavior.
on w10 btw

Last edited:
I intended to upgrade Amplitube 4 Max to version 5. I'm happy I accomplished that in this GB. I already had Sunset Studios (great stuff!). I got Lurssen Mastering as 1 of my freebies. I have a fairly well spec'd PC and I was surprised by the crackling when inserting it into a simple project. Setting Studio one to "High dropout protection" works great for sorting that out. Lurssen does yield some pretty nice results! IKM does nice component modeling. I will probably be first in line if they ever do a "Modo Guitar".

My experience: ST4 CS = their free version. Use it to test whether ST4 is for you, and to test out IK's other instrument collections.

ST4 has a 4.5GB footprint.

I have the Terry Bozzio drums collection that works splendidly along with the equally impressive ST4 drum kit. I'd get ST4 for the drums kits alone as a free option TBH.

If I understand your "chunks" question correctly, you download ST4; all the other instrument collections (Bozzio, Cobham, Elektromagnetik, etc) are separate orders/downloads.

RE: Syntronik -- Now I can't find the post which had a separate question about its synths.
Whoever you were, I have one of its modules (the VCF3) hosted inside ST4. The sounds are legit/useful/editable. The VCS3's matrix patchbay is not part of the ST4 representation; however, I understand from watching other demo videos, the matrix patchbay exists within Syntronik proper. Just my 2cents.
Thanks mate for your insights! :)

Yeah the "chunks" meant could I just simply download, say, the drums of ST4 and leave the pianos out.

You say ST4 has great drums and is 4.5GB, but I thought it was 30 and 100GB for ST4SE and ST4. Maybe I'm misunderstanding something. :(

And if I'm understanding correctly, whenever I can get to installing ST4 CS, I would be able to test out all the packs beforehand? (Terry Bozzio, American Acoustic etc)

Thanks again :)

From the manual:

3.2.5 – Import Samples

Select the disk path where your sample or samples are located. If you open this window via drag-and-drop, this field will auto-populate with the location of the file or folder you dragged. Enter the name of Track you wish to create using these samples. This is the Track name that will appear in the SampleTron 2 Track Browser and in the Tracks Panel in the A, B or C Track Positions after you have saved the Track using the SAVE button on the Tape Effects Panel. If you are importing a folder of samples, this name will represent the collection of all the samples in that folder. Once you have named the Track, click the Import button and SampleTron 2 will create a new Track with the name you have entered.

3.2.6 – Map Samples by File Name

The default method for importing samples into SampleTron 2 is to use the file name to determine the root note for each sample. In order for SampleTron 2 to read the root note, the sample’s file name must begin with the root note and then be followed by a space and then any identifying text. For example, “G#2 Vibes Felt Mallet.wav.”

3.2.7 – Add a Velocity Tag

If you wish to load samples with multiple velocities, you can use the standard SampleTank 4 convention where the note name is followed by an underscore and then a “v” followed by the high velocity value followed by a space and then any identifying text. For example, “G#2_v110 Vibes Felt Mallet.wav.”

3.2.8 – Add a Round Robin Tag

If you wish to load samples that have multiple round robins (alternating takes of the same note), you can use the standard SampleTank 4 convention where the note name is followed by an underscore and then an “rr” followed by the round robin number followed by a space and then any identifying text. For example, “G#2_rr3 Vibes Felt Mallet.wav.” You may include both a velocity tag and a round robin tag by separating the tags with underscores. For example, “G#2_v110_rr3 Vibes Felt Mallet.wav.”

3.2.9 – Chromatic From

There is an alternate method for setting the root note of your imported sample or folder of samples. You can select the “Chromatic From” option in the Import Samples window, and then you can specify the starting root note of the samples you wish to import. SampleTron 2 will then map the first sample in the folder to this specified note and the subsequent notes one note higher going up the keyboard chromatically. And of course, if you are just importing a single sample, then this option simply sets the root note of that single sample
Thanks fro your comprehensive reply but,

when i was doing that yesterday, it only would map in a diminished scale...with repeated notes... today it does this:

not sure what I'm doing wrong
i understood that if i drop one sample only it should stretch it for the whole keyboard (chromatically) or it just maps one sample if i choose the name option...

I used it only in one sample per one key mode (as the Mellotron did), but
@doctoremmet already answered the question in a comprehensive way. ;)
thanks... did you have to use enough samples for all keys, and all chromatically (without missing notes), or did you drop a few samples and they stretched to the correct tone?
will one sample stretch to the whole keyboard? thank you

Thanks mate for your insights! :)

Yeah the "chunks" meant could I just simply download, say, the drums of ST4 and leave the pianos out.

You say ST4 has great drums and is 4.5GB, but I thought it was 30 and 100GB for ST4SE and ST4. Maybe I'm misunderstanding something. :(

And if I'm understanding correctly, whenever I can get to installing ST4 CS, I would be able to test out all the packs beforehand? (Terry Bozzio, American Acoustic etc)

Thanks again :)
You can download all of the ST4 content at once via IK Product Manager, or download specific categories of sounds by going to My Products under your account on the IKM site and clicking the Sounds Download button under SampleTank 4 - that will give you separate lists for Mac/Windows.

You can download all of the ST4 content at once via IK Product Manager, or download specific categories of sounds by going to My Products under your account on the IKM site and clicking the Sounds Download button under SampleTank 4 - that will give you separate lists for Mac/Windows.
Great tip!

Ahh, that's extremely helpful! Thanks so much!
I guess maybe I should grab ST4 after all. (since it is free... :) ) I was just worried about file space.

Just curious, where is the content installed? You mention a separate list for Win/mac. I have a Windows laptop that I could take to work and download the content quickly and cheaply.

Could I then transfer the sample data back home to a mac computer?

Standing on the shoulders of giants here - I know somebody else mentioned this earlier in the thread, but it's many, many pages back.
Yeah it would be nice to have a feature like "thread at a glance" or something, with an index linking the most critical posts.

For Sampletank4, if you download some sounds separately, then go ahead and download the full sounds through Product Manager, does it know what you already downloaded and not re-download them?

Yeah it would be nice to have a feature like "thread at a glance" or something, with an index linking the most critical posts.

For Sampletank4, if you download some sounds separately, then go ahead and download the full sounds through Product Manager, does it know what you already downloaded and not re-download them?
Actually, with all due respect to the good @doctoremmet, I'm going to say "maybe" - my experience with Syntronik and the full SampleTank 4 after owning a couple of the Syntronik Synths and both ST4 CS and ST4 SE, is that the downloader in IK Product Manager does seem to be aware of what is already installed. It will show the size for the full download, but only downloads new content. YMMV, of course.

Ahh, that's extremely helpful! Thanks so much!
I guess maybe I should grab ST4 after all. (since it is free... :) ) I was just worried about file space.

Just curious, where is the content installed? You mention a separate list for Win/mac. I have a Windows laptop that I could take to work and download the content quickly and cheaply.

Could I then transfer the sample data back home to a mac computer?
Shouldn't be a problem - the Mac downloads are just DMG files, so it should be fairly simple to download the Mac files to your Windows laptop and just copy them over to install. You can tell the ST4 installer where to install the sound content, so you can point it at a sample drive. Note that SampleTank 4 also has a lot of SampleTank 3 content that it will install in a separate folder structure, but under the same folder defined in the installer. You can also change the location of the sound content in SampleTank's preferences after installation.

Reactions: zah
not to turn this into a tech thread but ST4 crashes both S1 5.4 and Cubase pro 11 when closing the plugin window. can load it and play sounds fine, but closing the window crashes the DAW. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it 3 times, no luck. all other IK instruments, including ST3, do not do this. i have tickets open with IK and Presonus, just seeing if anyone else has this behavior.
on w10 btw
Works fine on my end. Windows 10 latest build, Ableton Live Suite 11 and Cubase Pro 11.

on w10 btw
ST1 5.4 W10 no crashes with ST4 or any other IKM product.

Shouldn't be a problem - the Mac downloads are just DMG files, so it should be fairly simple to download the Mac files to your Windows laptop and just copy them over to install. You can tell the ST4 installer where to install the sound content, so you can point it at a sample drive. Note that SampleTank 4 also has a lot of SampleTank 3 content that it will install in a separate folder structure, but under the same folder defined in the installer. You can also change the location of the sound content in SampleTank's preferences after installation.
Thanks for your help! Really appreciate it! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom