What's new

IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy - Up to 25 for the price of 1!

Status
Not open for further replies.
one thing to think about - i dont think you can ever upgrade the freebies you pick - so i bought amplitube as i thought i might want to upgrade that later. but i wont be able to upgrade t-racks as its a freebie.

Edit: im not complaining - this deal is sweet - its just a factor to include in your calculations 🙃

Also, once you buy a 199 item in the GB all the 299 items drop to 199 crossgrades EXCEPT: T-RackS 5 Deluxe, Miroslav Philharmonik 2 (they are 299 for me) and Syntronik Deluxe (269). As Syntronik is available as a 199 crossgrade and Syntronik Deluxe is a 99 crossgrade, what I'm saying is if you go in at 199 and not 299, the only items you won't then be able to get as freebies are T-RackS 5 Deluxe, and Miroslav Philharmonik 2.

Unless I missed someone else correcting this, please note that neither the MAX products nor Total Studio series (including Total Studio 3 MAX) are available for purchase in the Custom Shop using Gear Credits.
Yeah, I finally figured that out - but I'll say this - IKM could really use an "introduction to our way of doing things" video or tutorial for potential new customers , because I imagine you lose a few through sheer frustration :faint:

Liz ,you’re confusing me(which is incredibly easy!) lol
Do you mean to say: T-Racks or Amplitube?
From my understanding if you have Amplitube 5 there’s nothing in SE that isn’t included in Amplitube 5. Amplitube 5 SE is Amplitube 5 lite
If you meant to say T-Racks SE that I understand. T-Racks5 and T-Racks5 SE are two different products with different content.
But if you actually mean Amplitube 5 SE and you already have Amplitube 5 ?
That’s why I’m puzzled 🤔
Your bewildered friend
KG
LOL! I am also easily confused, so I'm sorry I passed it on to you. For some reason, when I went through custom shop, it listed a few things that didn't have a check mark. I had Total Studio Max 2 that came with Amplitude 4 Max, I believe. So I got the crossgrade to Amplitude 5. The unchecked items say they are available in Amplitude 5, Amplitude 5 SE, Amplitude 5 Max or other bundles of which I have the base products but not the bundles (Fender 1 and Fender 2 separately, not the Fender bundle.

Okay, so I just opened Amplitude 5, and they are available in it. I have no idea why they aren't checked off if I already have them. It is frustrating that the various trackers give you mixed info. All that said, I still don't understand why I can't select Amplitude SE or even MixBox (which I already own) but can select Orange, Slash and SVX2, which I also already own or selected.

I guess I'll just pick whatever. Because what else is there to do.....

Has anyone compared the sounds of the synths in Syntronik to the actual hardware synths?
Do they get realisticly close? Do they emulate the hardware fairly well?

one thing to think about - i dont think you can ever upgrade the freebies you pick - so i bought amplitube as i thought i might want to upgrade that later. but i wont be able to upgrade t-racks as its a freebie.

Edit: im not complaining - this deal is sweet - its just a factor to include in your calculations 🙃
But once you own something over $99, you can crossgrade to anything just like an upgrade.

Wait - if you go in at 199, you can pick up the 199 items as freebies - you cant do that if you go in at only 99 :) However, I have found that while 199 was the sweet spot to go in at, there are many more desirable items in the 99-79 tier. So I went in at 99 and I might go back in at 99 again haha.

LOL! I am also easily confused, so I'm sorry I passed it on to you. For some reason, when I went through custom shop, it listed a few things that didn't have a check mark. I had Total Studio Max 2 that came with Amplitude 4 Max, I believe. So I got the crossgrade to Amplitude 5. The unchecked items say they are available in Amplitude 5, Amplitude 5 SE, Amplitude 5 Max or other bundles of which I have the base products but not the bundles (Fender 1 and Fender 2 separately, not the Fender bundle.

Okay, so I just opened Amplitude 5, and they are available in it. I have no idea why they aren't checked off if I already have them. It is frustrating that the various trackers give you mixed info. All that said, I still don't understand why I can't select Amplitude SE or even MixBox (which I already own) but can select Orange, Slash and SVX2, which I also already own or selected.

I guess I'll just pick whatever. Because what else is there to do.....
Yeah I see some inconsistencies with the available selections and what I already have.
But again if you have Amplitube 5 , Amplitube 5 SE will not offer anything that’s in A5 so why do you care that you can’t choose it? Also if you already have Mixbox why do you want it again. I know you live in Cali but what are you smoking? lol 😂

Wait - if you go in at 199, you can pick up the 199 items as freebies - you cant do that if you go in at only 99 :) However, I have found that while 199 was the sweet spot to go in at, there are many more desirable items in the 99-79 tier. So I went in at 99 and I might go back in at 99 again haha.
The $199 is the sweet spot. What I was saying was once you own any product that is at least $99, you qualify for any crossgrades. This is why when you buy that $199 item, a whole lot of $299 items are now available as crossgrades at $199.

Yeah I see some inconsistencies with the available selections and what I already have.
But again if you have Amplitube 5 , Amplitube 5 SE will not offer anything that’s in A5 so why do you care that you can’t choose it? Also if you already have Mixbox why do you want it again. I know you live in Cali but what are you smoking? lol 😂
I could sell the one I bought and keep the freebie. There was someone looking to buy it, so I thought I would check to see if I could get it as a freebie. I am not sure I can actually sell my Mixbox since I got it for $49, if I remember correctly. (Something to do with owning TRacks Max plus a special sale)

Is this really true? Where is this stated? Arg, wish I would have known this. I did the same as you -- bought Amplitube and got T-rackS 5 as a freebie. Had I known about this policy, I might have switched that around.

I could sell the one I bought and keep the freebie. There was someone looking to buy it, so I thought I would check to see if I could get it as a freebie. I am not sure I can actually sell my Mixbox since I got it for $49, if I remember correctly. (Something to do with owning TRacks Max plus a special sale)
Oh! Gotcha I was hoping it was something kind from Cali that was confusing you,lol
I think you’d have to sell it and get the license transferred before you could buy it in the GB but I’m speculating ,the irregularities and inconsistencies with what IK recognizes as registered products doesn’t help the situation.
Thanks for satisfying my curiosity 👍

Is this really true? Where is this stated? Arg, wish I would have known this. I did the same as you -- bought Amplitube and got T-rackS 5 as a freebie. Had I known about this policy, I might have switched that around.
I also think this is incorrect,I think you can’t sell products you get as freebies in the GB but being able to upgrade freebies in the GB doesn’t make sense
Upgrades are a valuable source of 💰💰for IK why would they want to cutoff their own revenue stream?
@IKMultimedia
Peter can you please confirm?
Thanks

Not being able to upgrade from there would be a weird strategy. I just got a whole lot of things that I wouldn't have bought otherwise and I really like some of them, so I might be interested in upgrading, but I would most certainly not buy the next version at full price.

Yeah, I finally figured that out - but I'll say this - IKM could really use an "introduction to our way of doing things" video or tutorial for potential new customers , because I imagine you lose a few through sheer frustration
It really isn't that complicated in its basic form. You buy one and get the number of free items (at the price you paid or less) that are available based on the number of people who have joined in. That's all it is. The complication comes in with people trying to find the absolute best possible way to maximize it using Jam Points and Gear Credits and crossgrades and discount codes and offsite sales and multiple entries, etc. etc. So someone coming in fresh and getting into all that finds it hopelessly confusing and feels like they aren't getting a deal unless it's the perfect deal.

doctoremmet's link in post #1849 of this thread lays it out clearly for those who are confused. If you own no IK products that, there is no reason to read past method #1.

Another way to look at it:
*pure speculation*
I expect to see IKM release a boatload of upgraded products in the next several months. Think about all of the customers after the GB now own about 20 products. Why would IK turnaround and say screw you you can’t upgrade! lol
All of the customers from the Group Buy will be captive upgrade customers,the potential revenue stream from all of the GB customers with approximately 20 licenses each creates an enormous revenue stream for IK.
Why would they not want users to purchase upgrades for products??
Not allowing GB customers to have the ability to sell the freebies is totally understandable.

It really isn't that complicated in its basic form. You buy one and get the number of free items (at the price you paid or less) that are available based on the number of people who have joined in. That's all it is. The complication comes in with people trying to find the absolute best possible way to maximize it using Jam Points and Gear Credits and crossgrades and discount codes and offsite sales and multiple entries, etc. etc. So someone coming in fresh and getting into all that finds it hopelessly confusing and feels like they aren't getting a deal unless it's the perfect deal.

doctoremmet's link in post #1849 of this thread lays it out clearly for those who are confused. If you own no IK products that, there is no reason to read past method #1.
Thanks Hammerpocket, The GB is a no-brainer (and that's good because I don't have much of one :confused:)
it's the gear credits - when and when not they can be used, jam points when & when not, what and how you finally figure out what the custom shop and its limitations are - and it goes on.

Yes you finally get things figured out after reading 4000 posts and asking 1000 questions - it all just seems so chaotic and untold by IKM - to the point where you almost don't care anymore and walk away with nothing out of utter madness :shocked:.

Thanks to all for your insights in buying into this Group Buy with Gear Credits and Jam Points and buying through CS etc! :) It's kinda confusing to figure out. And now I'm in.

A question about SampleTank: I notice I have a SampleTank 4 CS in my account (which I have never used or downloaded),

I'm think that, for me anyways, SampleTank 4 and even SampTank 4SE, may be overkill, and I'm wondering that if I just buy Terry Bozzio Drums and /or American Acoustic if it will work in ST4 CS?

I'd also be open for any insights about any pros or cons you have found with using the bigger ST4 and ST4SE. So far I'd say just the file size, but can you download individual chunks of the bigger STs? Or is it one huge download?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom